Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nick's terrible nub-y art
Photo 
Yes I do art, but that is not the question, the question is, do I do good art? ...    No. The answer is just no man.

Anyways, assuming you have looked through this in any amount, I would like feedback, anything you can muster up for me would be appreciated.
-----------6/27/16 New ART ------------
-----------2/26/17 New ART ------------

-----------4/4/17 Non-digital ART from a class ------------

First off is my Mad Max: Road warrior box art hand drawn:
[spoiler="First sketch/ practice"]
[Image: 9DAViC8.jpg]
[/spoiler]

Then my other project, which is to make a super hero/villian comic book cover, which I then overthought, and failed at making effective torso proportions, and I cant draw her head...

[spoiler="Overthinking page / planning for character design"]
[Image: xfQQRjA.jpg]
[/spoiler]

"Calling all. This is our last cry before our eternal silence."
- Morse Code, 1997

I dunno about you but this isn't even that bad! You aren't Drago. He literally drew a circle in Paint and called it an art entry XD

If you're tired of using GIMP for art, I've heard good things about FireAlpaca. They say software doesn't matter but honestly I hate GIMP and have never gotten it to work for anything. I refuse to use it for even sig making. XD

And it's good to actually paint with :p

I like the cover best, but you're not shabby drawing people  (I can't draw animals except Pokemon lmao). It helps to use stock images for hands and poses and keep it in a separate window as you draw for reference. To get foundations, I recommend life drawings of random objects you have physically. Helps a lot!
[Image: 84cDTrD.png]
"BOB! DO SOMETHIN'!"
You got your own style which is what makes it super cool imo. I think your strength is with backgrounds and buildings. I will admit that you draw backgrounds better than me and you should keep it up! As for your human-like drawings, you need a bit of practice. You actually draw humans better than I did when I started out, so that's already a good sign!

You keep practicing and you'll be looking back at your old art and cringe. Keep up the great work and I'll be happy to see more from you! Big Grin
[Image: Two_Birds.png]

The Fuck You Say You To Me..?!
If
- you will learn basics
- you enjoy it
- are kinda good at it
Then
- keep practising
Else
- do something else

Since Im not enough knowledgable to judge any art, I rather leave a neutral comment that might motivates you or saves you a time.
Anyway, I highly en ourage to try&learn new stuff, new ways, new skills, thats a well spend time.

GL & HF
[Image: N5ZitKf.png]
New piece of ART added!
- Morse Code, 1997

Whoa, those swords look awesome! :o

Pat yourself on the back, Nick. B)
"BOB! DO SOMETHIN'!"
-~{UPDATED}~-
- Morse Code, 1997

Looks awesome! Mario and Monkey Wrench looks pretty cool B)
[Image: VTk3W41.png]

"I have made many enemies in my lifetime, many different kind of enemies; however, you know what all of them have in common?"
"Death."

Content: My Art | No More Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | BoogaVerse
Final Fantasy Mario sounds like a better game than the FF series itself tbh (no diss to the FF fans)

To be truthful, the face will always be the toughest hurdle if you don't do them with button noses and mouths like I do. It might also depend on the style, since each kind of stylized art will make the face look different. Have you considered doing one of those art memes where you take a character and draw them in like 6 different series styles? You could try that for a basic grip of how to draw the face before you attempt stylizing it to your liking.
"BOB! DO SOMETHIN'!"