Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Ball - Akira Toriyama
[Image: 9FCkO9z.png]

"I Got My Eye On You"

Artwork: My Art
Original Stories: No More Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | Become (Short Story)
Fan-Fiction: Kingdom Hearts | Drakengard 
Social Media: Twitter | Twitch
(11-21-2018, 10:55 AM)ShineCero Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 09:02 PM)~ Z ~ Wrote: Assuming that these are true (We are not sure yet), that would make this Broly completely different personality-wise from the old one. Huh, I guess this new Broly will divide the Broly Fanbase into new and old. The whole wish thing from Freeza and Bulma are pretty funny and it's about time we see Gogeta for more than 30 seconds, amiright?

Yeah, this marks the second time a fusion actually does something and wins, instead of disappearing for a few seconds and forcing the heroes to rely on other options.

It would be interesting to see the differences between Original Broly and New Broly; judging from the spoilers and in-depth summary, I have a clutch that I might preferred the original Broly over the new one just a tad bit.

The newest chapter of Dragon Ball Super is now out, concluding the Tournament of Power. Toyotaro is skipping the Broly movie (although there is a promo manga for the Broly movie by another artist I believe) and heading straight for a new arc. 

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dragon-ba...pter/16035

Prior to this chapter, I decided to read everything, starting from the beginning of ToP to the end, and I have to say, I wasn't impressed by Toyotaro's take on the arc. Perhaps this new one, Toyotaro can shine through... or not. Here's an image of the new villain:

[Image: Dsfh3-AUwAAdyHS.jpg]

Yeah, the ToP was beyond weak in the manga. Lot of potential hype but extremely wasted. Only thing I'll defend for him is that, imo, he's preserved the overall ability to take the story and make it flow better so there weren't as many "don't even know what's even happening" type of inconsistencies. But it's little solace when you do things like, "here's Kefla vs Ultimate Gohan", and then like four panels later of not seeing either of them, they both knocked each other off the fighting stage.

Anti-climatic as hell, would definitely prefer the "fantastic mess" that was the anime over it any day of the week xD

(11-29-2018, 10:46 AM)ShineCero Wrote:

vegetto, is dat u?

Kidding aside....my god. The hype, the combat, the song...asdfghjkl. I can't wait for January! Big Grin

Even knowing his appearance is real/his involvement in the plot at all, it does nothing to dissuade or diminish the hype and interest to see the movie for me: this may be the first movie that I honestly can say that I fully expect to live up to my high expectations for enjoyment. Although:

[Image: fe98211faa987bcb4331cc83bc5c1efd5283d634_hq.gif]

This has been me for the past few months lurking on this forum, dodging Shine's consistent spoiling of the plot of the movie xD
"What do you call a Vegeta and a Goku? Vegetto sounds alright." 
[Image: SACYXY9.jpg]
(11-29-2018, 10:46 AM)ShineCero Wrote:

MY LOVE FOR THE FUSIONS INCREASED!!! 

You already know I have a massive chub for the fusion characters, but I think Gogeta Blue looks amazing! Probably my fave of all time! I personally really love the animation style of the movie and I kinda already spoiled myself and know what the movie is going to be about (no thanks to you, Shine. Wagh ) and I want to draw a special little short comic probably using Cuki or a psycho soldier out for blood. (@Vegetto knows what I mean. maybe ). We'll have to wait and see. Overall, I am inspired to draw something thanks to how this trailer hypes people up.

btw: The music is the best I've heard. Phenomenal.
[Image: t07N5Zq.gif]

"Z says these eye protectors are called... Sunglasses. I like the fad, so I'll spare this website from destruction."
[+] 1 user Likes ~ Z ~'s post

Yo, so aside from the english version being dropped of this trailer, big thing I actually wanted to ask @ShineCero:

I have dodged your spoilers for months, scrubbing the memory of each spoiled detail as best I can from accidental click. I can safely assume that the memory has been erased, but I come before you to seek knowledge on this trailer and ask you to use your digging powers for good: did Daichi Miura create an actual English version of the song? I normally stay away from English translations of Japanese works, the overall beat and sync of the song seems weird and usually never seems to work well when the song is modified for English, let alone the fact that most covers tend to be garbage. Yet from the small snippet in this vid, I'm actually pretty stoked and want to see how it turns out if the man himself really made an English version.
(12-01-2018, 07:21 PM)Vegetto Wrote:

Yo, so aside from the english version being dropped of this trailer, big thing I actually wanted to ask @ShineCero:

I have dodged your spoilers for months, scrubbing the memory of each spoiled detail as best I can from accidental click. I can safely assume that the memory has been erased, but I come before you to seek knowledge on this trailer and ask you to use your digging powers for good: did Daichi Miura create an actual English version of the song? I normally stay away from English translations of Japanese works, the overall beat and sync of the song seems weird and usually never seems to work well when the song is modified for English, let alone the fact that most covers tend to be garbage. Yet from the small snippet in this vid, I'm actually pretty stoked and want to see how it turns out if the man himself really made an English version.

Yep! Miura made an English version of the song and man, he rocked the fuck out of that sing.

"I Got My Eye On You"

(12-01-2018, 08:12 PM)ShineCero Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 07:21 PM)Vegetto Wrote:

Yep! Miura made an English version of the song and man, he rocked the fuck out of that sing.

But do you know where I can find it? I've searched and dug everywhere, but I refuse to believe the internet has failed to leak this after all the spoilers for the movie xD
Not yet. The single is supposedly for release on December 19, 2018 (which I assumed, includes the english version). Has the Japanese version already released (in full) online already? thonk

"I Got My Eye On You"

(12-01-2018, 08:49 PM)ShineCero Wrote: Not yet. The single is supposedly for release on December 19, 2018 (which I assumed, includes the english version). Has the Japanese version already released (in full) online already? thonk

I also got it on Itunes, American store has it released. But not the English version, so it might be that the official release date is that English one :/
Huh, interesting! I didn't know the Japanese one was released. Thanks man! Hoping the English one gets release soon too! Considering the trailer, it might be around the corner.

Just saw the film.

The film is good in terms of animation, but on the narrative side, it is a bit confusing.

"I Got My Eye On You"

Gonna leave my two cents here on the film:

[+] 1 user Likes Vegetto's post