Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Anime 2018 Discussion
https://www.livechart.me/spring-2018/tv

https://fansubdb.com/wiki/Spring_2018

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2018/spring

Smell that? No, it's not the coming of Spring, but the coming of fresh new animated shows coming around the corner, starting April 1st, 2018.

The purpose of the thread is to place all discussions about the new animes in one thread. You can talk about the upcoming animes, episodes, quality of the show, etc,. This is to avoid creating multitude of threads with no discussions and left for dead after a long while. If a anime in season becomes a popular topic in the thread, you have permission to spawn it into a their own.

Remember, you will be expose to spoilers as April 1st rolls around. So be caution of the thread if you haven't watch the episode yet. 

Any discuss about the upcoming animes can be discussed here. If the anime gets a lot of attention, it can become it's own thread, but for now, they can be discussed here. Certain animes that are popular, such as Boku no Hero Acamdeia, have their own threads.
God I havent even caught up on series from two seasons ago! How am I gonna keep up with even more shows. D:
Anyways I heard the new Tokyo Ghoul (re) anime is out so Im gonna check it out soon.. but first I need to catch up on the older series... Kat Cry

Also suuuuuper hyped for Steins;Gate 0 and Boku no Hero Academia s3!!!!
[Image: XTjOHU5.png]
~ Set made by Elio ~
[+] 1 user Likes Ploep's post
(04-04-2018, 05:22 AM)Ploep Wrote: God I havent even caught up on series from two seasons ago! How am I gonna keep up with even more shows. D:
Anyways I heard the new Tokyo Ghoul (re) anime is out so Im gonna check it out soon.. but first I need to catch up on the older series... Kat Cry

Also suuuuuper hyped for Steins;Gate 0 and Boku no Hero Academia s3!!!!

Yeah; I got your back though, you can check out this topic of Tokyo Ghoul with all the relevant links (including fan-translations if you're not the "waiting for official translation" type). Food Wars got another season, so I can't wait to sink my teeth to more delicious food they can come up with, along with Persona 5 animated! 

I could have swore I saw that Spring will air another season of Attack on Titan. Did it got moved to a later date? Thinking
[Image: n1TkH4U.png]

"Mess with the Walt,"
"And you get the Salt."

Content: My Art | No More Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | BoogaVerse
I'm just really happy Food Wars is starting up again, after that damn mid-season cliffhanger
[Image: 8JBl5Hn.png]
Yeah! Just another ten more hours until the first episode of the newest Food Wars anime. 

I caught the first episode of Megalo Box. It's a interesting premise, so I'm going to keep a close eye on this one. It might become something very interesting Thinking

"Mess with the Walt,"
"And you get the Salt."

I'm too lazy to watch a playthrough of Persona 5, so I guess I'm watching the anime instead. (Apparently the main character's name is NOT Akira... very confusing)

I've been waiting for Tokyo Ghoul Re to come out tho, gives me reason to start reading the manga again (I stopped abruptly around the 15th chapter, I think). Caligula sounds like an anime whose plot is basically a Hatsune Miku lookalike imprisons humans. Seems cool enough a premise to me XD

I've also had my interests in 7 Deadly Sins for awhile, thankfully it's on netflix for me to check out.
[Image: tumblr_oo261oLTA31w7hjwfo2_500.gif]
"Seek the old blood. But beware the frailty of men. Their wills weak, minds young."
(04-07-2018, 10:28 PM)LoopyPanda Wrote: I'm too lazy to watch a playthrough of Persona 5, so I guess I'm watching the anime instead. (Apparently the main character's name is NOT Akira... very confusing)

I've been waiting for Tokyo Ghoul Re to come out tho, gives me reason to start reading the manga again (I stopped abruptly around the 15th chapter, I think). Caligula sounds like an anime whose plot is basically a Hatsune Miku lookalike imprisons humans. Seems cool enough a premise to me XD

I've also had my interests in 7 Deadly Sins for awhile, thankfully it's on netflix for me to check out.

I've watched the first episode of Persona 5. It's essentially the anime remade in animated format. So if you don't have the game, the animation, as you said, is basically the next best thing. It's pretty standard and it still have all the music from the game as well. I wouldn't be surprise if the opening is the Last Surprise (btw is a AWESOME song).

Regarding the name: This is not the first time where they gave conflicting "main" names for the protagonist in SMT/Persona series, so it is to be expected.

Has anyone check out Cutie Honey Universe? It looks interesting Thinking

"Mess with the Walt,"
"And you get the Salt."

/grabs food
In aboutta go through some new series now and decde which ones i'll follow B)

@shine: havent heard of that one but I did see a trailer of an anime with an equally weird name called Happy Sugar Life and that one seems messed up. XD

Anyways ill let u know my thoughts on which series are worth keeping up with!
~ Set made by Elio ~
[+] 1 user Likes Ploep's post
(04-10-2018, 03:35 AM)Ploep Wrote: /grabs food
In aboutta go through some new series now and decde which ones i'll follow B)

@shine: havent heard of that one but I did see a trailer of an anime with an equally weird name called Happy Sugar Life and that one seems messed up. XD

Anyways ill let u know my thoughts on which series are worth keeping up with!

I should have heed to your warning about Mahou Shojo Site... yikes, that was a dreadful watch and not the good kind. Maybe my taste is probably shit or whatever, but god damn, that episode was hard to sit through. Mainly because I tried to stop rolling my eyes so damn much of how much it was forced (and the fact that they're blowing their load in the first episode, meaning that anything else, they have to tip the scale further). 

Brother beating the snot out of the character, but the parents just never noticed? There's a lot of suspension of disbelief being in played here because most people would've step in at some point or another. Maybe bullying in Japan is a bit different, but damn, it was way over the way. 

--------------

I saw the second episode of Megalo Box episode two and I think I'm sold on the anime. It was pretty damn good in terms of writing, animation and choreography. So Junkdog is going with Joe.... and the Boss that pops was working for... he looks like he's part of the top four or something Thinking What do you think @Ploep

"Mess with the Walt,"
"And you get the Salt."

Yeah MahoSite is not worth checking out at all.. I'd even reccommend to avoid it. XD

I wanted to reply earlier but I hadn't seen the episode yet until now. But damn this is my underdog anime that I hope gets popular because it's got it all! Good characters, good animation and hella good music! A total rec! And I think you're right @ShineCero ! In the OP we saw a glimpse of his arm so i guess he'll play a bigger role. 

Heres a PV for people who're interested in Megalo Box:
~ Set made by Elio ~