Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Heroes Anthology
No More Heroes Anthology
In Progress

The first instance of human beings having “powers” first appeared during the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia; a man named Nally Barre shattered the world record of finishing a race in .002 seconds, shocking the entire world. Afterwards, more humans started to have extraordinary abilities—earning the name “Specials” to describe their sudden change. Some can bend fire at will, some can manipulate various things with a single thought and some have strength beyond than what normal humans are capable of; an idea thought to exist only in comics.

A panic surges across the planet; these specials weren’t just human beings capable of doing amazing things, they were human beings capable of performing better tasks than normal humans wouldn’t dreamed of doing; thus an competitive between humans and specials arose, causing bitterness and ill feelings towards the latter group. Tensions sparks an idea that Specials ought to have some form of regulations place on them, fear that with these abilities, some specials will go on a rampage and put everyone’s lives at risk. Hatred, fear, paranoia, envies, jealously; all these negative emotions fueled their advocacy to restrain the “outsiders”.

Such advocacy grew immensely during the Bush Administration in the United States. Questions arose on the subject of Specials as “American patriots”; suspicious that they came from other nations to threatened the democracy of the United States. In consideration that some Specials did ran into issues of displaying their powers for their own, personal usages, legislation pushed through Congress to limit the rights of Specials, along with guidelines when they misused their powers; despite having these abilities, they were still humans. Although these laws fell to obscurity under the Obama Administration, hatred for Specials continued to grow rapidly.

The major driving point of dealing with Specials occurred in the United Nation meeting; backed with support from many countries, created a new division of highly trained Specials, trustworthy to take the mantle was formed to crack down on out-of-control specials; there were plentiful of successes, but the hatred didn’t stop growing, especially in the United States. In 2017, there were two orders on the regulation of specials: to construct a sanctuary to house out-of-control specials for rehabilitation, which according to the president in his speech in Oregon:

Quote:“These people; I mean, these specials, let me tell you…. This construction is not a concentration camp, because the word concentration…camp does not even fall in my vocab. This place is good for these specials, because if they behave, you know, like good Americans, they get out better than ever. Therefore, I do not even see the point of them even complaining about because they are stronger, better and faster than us, but not smarter because they do not think the positives. You know what I am saying; these are for out-of-control specials, so we can make sure they are not trying to destroy this country. Let me tell you, if I had powers, I’ll be grabbing everything in sight, let me tell you.” 

The construction site, given the name, “Specials’ Rehabilitation Center”, is a gigantic area place in the middle of Nowhere, Kansas City. Its purpose was to reformed “out-of-control” Specials and them integrate into society, but this is nothing more than a ruse, a façade to hide the truth of the matter. Any specials that were involved in any problem, no matter how insignificant, force to be in the center. Support such as reasonable food or services were constantly late or not up to standard of safety issues.

Furthermore, some Specials that managed to leave the place gained a status of becoming “Heroes” where they gained instant celebrity status. However, this status, based upon their powers and their looks, gave quite an ego to some specials to dangerous levels. This second orders, known as “Specials to Heroes”; specials that completed the program at the center and have favorable powers—allows them the right to use their ability to serve the people. It heavy selective those based on appearance and favorable powers; if you have powers that invoke fear, you have a higher chance of getting out of the program.

Various complaints over the past three years, it fell on deaf ears of the United States and the rest of the world; even countries started sending problematic Specials to the center to wipe their hands clean of any issues with them and only accepting the few favorable ones. Thus, the center became nothing more than a toxic environment with no support from the outside world. If specials managed to escape the center, an elite team will show up to disable and drag them back to their homes.

Yet, despite the horrors and unfavorable conditions, there is an group, known as the Busters Organization, led by the young, strong-willed girl named Susie Charm, who sought to bring peace between humans and specials; showing that specials can be a benefit for the world, not as an a competitive rival. However, the Busters Organization has no idea of what a world they are stepping into once they announced their goals.

The Busters Organization

[Image: VTk3W41.png]

"I have made many enemies in my lifetime, many different kind of enemies; however, you know what all of them have in common?"
"Death."

Content: My Art | No More Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | BoogaVerse
Important stuff goes here

"I have made many enemies in my lifetime, many different kind of enemies; however, you know what all of them have in common?"
"Death."

All the Chapters Threads

Chapter One: Unstoppable
Chapter Two: Nullification

"Death."