Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DBX 3: The Tournament of Eternity Discussion
[Image: xTK8JMB.jpg]

DBX 3: The Tournament of Eternity Discussion Thread

=============

Hey guys! Kicking off this potential fanfic with another discussion thread here on the forums, but this time, I've decided to do things a little bit differently. In the The Black Rose, I already had a pretty detailed plot of progression planned out for events in a story. A good bit of the story was more of just plugging in characters for realism: to create an atmosphere where readers would feel out the character, then follow their interaction in a plot mostly as they were supposed to act. Rather than a detailed set up of, "this is how character A is going to act, causing an effect in character B that forces this kind of effect to sell a major moral point of X." Basically put, it was all a very "start with a cause" and just write out the effect in a never ending chain of events. Kinda like, "let's roll this ball down a mountain, and the path it takes will be the story."

However, as you can see, The Black Rose is a story that ended up tackling a ton of major ideologies, philosophies, and character developments. Some readers I've found, absolutely loved it. Others, and a very strong portion of them, flat out despised it at many turns and points. Finally, as one reviewer put: "I actually felt like Zamasu was the only one worth rooting for, so I put this down." Which to me, hit home the most: I had done exactly what I had set out to do in my quest to humanize Zamasu a bit more and almost vilify Vegetto in a desire to create this "grey world" that it forced a reader, who was looking to champion the protagonists as role models, to put the story down due to a lack of positive action from those hero characters.

I do not regret this one bit: I am actually thrilled to have created a story that does not exactly champion "right or wrong" while attempting to maintain some elements of DB fun in combat, etc. However, this time around, the goals I have for this story require good writing and planning. Strap in, as I will iron out details for anyone looking to get involved to help me plan chapters better, for whoever has time. Needless to say, it will spoil the story for you if you participate, but you will help me write a better story if you wish to get involved. With that all being said, let's get into things right away!

Main Character Goals:

Kassava

Vegetto and Gogeta

Trunks

Marcato

With those four main characters accounted for, feel free to make any comments regarding changes or ideas that can be tweaked at their cores.

===============

The Plot

==================

The Plot's Atmosphere:

=======

And that's it guys! The big thing I'm starting off with here is just the basic story elements of things coming together. I still have much more I've probably forgot to put here, but if you see any problems with the visions up there, do feel free to discuss and critique them here.

I plan to eventually post another post regarding the general make up of each chapter, in order to iron out what needs to be fulfilled in action, plot, and atmosphere for the upcoming chapter. It will be the following one in here and will be regularly updated: I plan to fully have a general premise for each chapter before I start to write it out in order for me to effectively tackle the objective of the story better. Rather than just having a general "this is how the plot goes, these are how the characters are supposed to act, let me just make it all happen."

Thanks again for your time guys, and look forward to reading your responses!
"What do you call a Vegeta and a Goku? Vegetto sounds alright." 
[Image: SACYXY9.jpg]
Placeholder for Chapter Synopsis and Analysis.
Beginning initial commentary. Spoiler mode, on.

- - - -

- - - -

Forum Mod, focused on Art Garden and Roleplay Park
Ends of the Earth RP | Boogaverse RP Characters.
Current controller of the Meeting of the Dark. | Mysterious Summons: Malefor, Rex Marksley.
Creative Fiction: Solarian Stories; Withered; The Death Lords; Death Knight Detective; Warframe Fan Fiction

"To the Ends of the Earth."
Thanks for your input Grey! The ideas definitely got me thinking a bit more on the overall plan, but the big one I really want to try and pick your brain more on is around Trunks.

I do believe I have a good handle on his character and impact in the original content that made him special, but I do believe I am going to need to speculate more on how to properly incorporate him. His purpose is easily overshadowed at this stage with Kassava as the time god and Vegetto + Gogeta being the main powerhouses that call back to the type of characters Goku and Vegeta are in the series. The story itself has a type of protagonist that basically needs a separate kind of hero, one that Kassava will be fulfilling in purpose. His second really optimal trait, the power he exhibits with a very mysterious background (IE, Trunks coming out of nowhere and obliterating Frieza and King Cold as a Super Saiyan is easily one of the most intense and exciting moments in the series for DBZ) will be a type of plot device we can't enact due to Trunks being so established in this universe as well as having no power comparison to Vegetto and Gogeta.

I am speculating it on it more, given I'm the only one who knows the full plot that I'm trying to accomplish, but the big question I'd like to ask you to flesh out as much as you're willing to is this: what makes you really enjoy Trunks? What about his presence and overall character just resonates so well with you?

It may not bear any fruit, but the more I hear about him that fans really thoroughly enjoyed and disliked, the more I can do him potential justice in capturing elements that help him shine in the execution of the plot.

Major update on Kassava, as time in RP with the Reality Vortex has really helped me see some potential development goals I'd like to achieve with her. Spoilers incoming, don't read ahead if you'd like to see the story without knowing the purpose behind the plot.

Okay, after a while of reading this, I'mma toss out my ideas and see if you like em or not. Sit tight! Keep in mind, I have not read The Black Rose, so if I'm off with some ideas of mine, feel free to ignore them. I am taking your word with everything you put as well as your knowledge of DBZ as a whole. I won't go crazy in depth with DBZ stuff since I'm not an expert but I will toss out ideas and concepts you can work around with and sprinkle your DBZ stuff on it. With that out of the way, I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

That's all I got for now, I'll be sure to reread the plot and the atmosphere a little more to get a better idea of the story as well as help give you some more ideas if you want them. I hope I helped you in some way and can't wait to bash your story help build your story! Happy writings Vegetto!  Fan
[Image: wnC6dlU.png]

There are two versions of Tatsumaki: Shine's version and Z's version.
So basically using the concept from Dragon Ball Fusion? Rather than Trunks inventing it, he could see it from another timeline or something like that.

Bulma created a new device called EX Fusion (basically an armband), which allows users to fused with one or more people. According to her, it was created to be superior to both Potara and Fusion Dance, and has no time-limits (meaning, the fusion can decide to defuse if they wish). I can easily see an arc about Gogetto not wanting to defuse with all the power going to his head.
[Image: JVqTWoz.png]

Death Hurts

Artwork: My Art
Original StoriesNo Heroes | Good Days | Carnage Hero
Social MediaTwitter | Twitch
I'll tackle a bit of the other points later in the discussion, involving the characters and plot. I do appreciate you guys jumping in and your advice has given me some ideas that I'll expand upon after this first topic I want to touch on:

The fusion of Gogetto.

After thinking a few things over, I'll post my thoughts about the plot and the plot atmosphere. This one will be pretty short.

Those are a few of my thoughts, nothing too critical as of yet. Hope I helped out somehow! Keep thinking up ideas and don't be scared to scrap some entirely, it's part of the experience. I hope you continue to strive onward with your ideas and keep getting inspired by things around you. I can't wait to read more and I'll be sure to keep up as best I can. I'll also try not be super critical about everything (I tend to do that with stories a lot) unless you want me to. It's nothing personal, it's just me pointing things out. I kinda need to get that across so people won't hate me for 'not being very supportive of creative works'.  Sweats
[Image: wnC6dlU.png]

There are two versions of Tatsumaki: Shine's version and Z's version.