Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Paso Shooting
Quote:At least 15 dead in El Paso shooting, Texas attorney general says

"That number keeps changing. I hate to pin down a certain number, but I think it was definitely a large number," Paxton told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "At least what I'm hearing, the reports between 15 and 20 are probably accurate."

One person is in custody, El Paso Police Sgt. Robert Gomez told reporters Saturday afternoon. He is a white male in his 20s, Gomez said, and was arrested without incident. The suspect is 21-year-old Patrick Crusius of Allen, Texas, three sources have told CNN.

Two federal law enforcement sources and one state government source confirmed the suspect's identity. The federal sources said investigators are reviewing an online writing posted days before the shooting that may speak to a motive.

Multiple agencies, including the FBI and the local sheriff's department, have responded to assist El Paso authorities.

"This was a massacre," US Rep. Veronica Escobar, who represents the area, told CNN. Escobar has received conflicting reports on the numbers of casualties, she said, but added, "The numbers are shocking."

At least 23 people were injured, according to spokesmen for two local hospitals.

Thirteen people were taken to the University Medical Center of El Paso, spokesman Ryan Mielke told CNN, and one of them has died. Two children with non-life-threatening injuries were transferred to a children's medical facility, Mielke said.

Eleven victims were transported to the Del Sol Medical Center, hospital spokesman Victor Guerrero said. Nine of them are in critical but stable condition, he said.

At least two of the patients are in a "life-threatening predicament," according to Del Sol Medical Center Dr. Stephen Flaherty. He said in a news conference the patients ranged in age from 25 to 82. Two of the patients are in stable condition, he said, and seven required emergency operations.

A family reunification center has been set up at MacArthur Elementary School for families who might have been separated, Gomez said.

Walmart issued a statement regarding the shooting, saying, "We're in shock over the tragic events at Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso. ... We're praying for the victims, the community & our associates, as well as the first responders."

Inside the Cielo Vista Mall, crowds hid inside stores after hearing reports of an active shooter, according to 26-year-old Brandon Chavez, an employee at Forever 21.

Chavez had just started his shift when he saw customers and staff members running to the stock room to take shelter.

"There were about 20 children and adults, plus employees, hiding, all cramped like sardines," he told CNN. "Most of us were desperate, some were on their phones. There were girls crying, people trying to talk to each other and women with babies in their arms."

Suspect's Manifesto:

"Even if non immigrants would make a greater impact. I can't bring myself to kill my fellow Americans. Even the Americans that seem hell-bent on destroying this country. Even if they are shameless race mixers, massive polluters, haters of our collective values,etc. One day they will see error of their ways. Ether when American patriots fail to reform our country and it collapses or when we save it. But they will see error of their ways. I promise y'all that."

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/03/us/el-pas...index.html
[Image: JVqTWoz.png]

Death Hurts

Artwork: My Art
Original StoriesNo Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man
Social MediaTwitter | Twitch
Sadly, the death toll went up to 22 people. Its getting where we are not safe to go anywhere nowadays. From movie theaters to Walmart to shopping malls, we might as well be looking over our shoulders every time we visit these places. Even a simple noise can set off a stampede now. (i.e,.....Time Square in New York/shopping center in Utah). From the looks of it, we'll never be safe.