Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roy Mustang vs. Prince Zuko
I saw this debate a while ago on Facebook and thought it would be interesting to make a thread about it here. Both characters are blood-lusted. Personalities are off. They're fighting in the open field about 5 meters away from one another. 

Debate!
[Image: C06wNU6.jpg]

Release it Kimishima! Release everything you got!

Roy takes this one for sure. He's managed to defeat.. As far as I know.. Lust and Envy? Correct me if I'm wrong there, effortlessly, just by clicking his fingers to ignite them. Zuko wouldn't even get a chance to move before Roy sets him on fire repeatedly.
[Image: YMc2Uzm.png]
RPG and Tech Forum Manager (I may or may not be crazy)
It's a rather one-sided victory for Roy I think.

He managed to kill Lust and reduce Envy into his true form of a small green parasitic worm (he did not kill him outright I believe) if I recall correctly. So long as Roy has those gloves on and they aren't soaked by water (but he can just carve it into his hand and pick up a lighter like he did with Lust), I don't believe Zuko can really best him considering how quickly Roy can cast his flames at Point-blank aiming and ability to pinpoint attacks (given that he burned out Envy's eyeballs before detonating their entire body with flames from the ground up), especially at a distance of ~16 feet.

It could take Zuko an even longer time to execute his attacks were he to combine fire with his sword. However, I'm not sure if Zuko could have a fast enough reaction time [if Roy decides to take the Bottom-Up explosion strategy for a first move] to redirect/control Roy's fire??
Roy would win this. I mean... all he's gotta do is snap his fingers and Zuko's up in flames. The fact that Zuko can even USE flames puts him at a disadvantage against Roy. Zuko may be one of my favorite characters in ATLA, but I give all the credit to Roy.

And I don't even know much about Roy. xDD
[Image: Mob-Psycho-100-One-Punch-Man.gif]

???%
Roy wrecks Zuko. I hope the Fire Lord likes being burned before he knows where it's coming from. Roy is faster, smarter and in more control of his emotions. Zuko goes down before he can throw a fist.
[Image: heracross.gif]
There might not be true heroes anymore, but that doesn't mean I can't try!
(09-20-2015, 04:29 PM)Freak Wrote: Roy takes this one for sure. He's managed to defeat.. As far as I know.. Lust and Envy? Correct me if I'm wrong there, effortlessly, just by clicking his fingers to ignite them. Zuko wouldn't even get a chance to move before Roy sets him on fire repeatedly.

Well, Lust wasn't exactly "effortless" per se', she did do quite a number on him before he incinerated here later. Nevertheless Mustang does clearly seem to clearly be more powerful than Zuko to me (I've only seen up to maybe a quarter of the way through Avatar book 2 so I don't know him super well). I still say Mustang wins in spite of this but Mustang does have more weaknesses than Zuko does, I will say this. If you're able to damage the seal on his glove or destroy the glove he can't use flame alchemy anymore, or if you simply manage to get them wet somehow, and I would give Zuko the edge in physicality so if he can get to the glove who knows? Plus Roy has only really demonstrated the ability to get flames strong enough to kill a homunculi going when he's out for revenge or desperately wants to protect someone. I think it's potentially closer than most thing based on all this but in the end Zuko is still toast.
(10-26-2015, 10:22 AM)Drago Wrote: Roy wrecks Zuko. I hope the Fire Lord likes being burned before he knows where it's coming from. Roy is faster, smarter and in more control of his emotions. Zuko goes down before he can throw a fist.

Emotions won't matter here if they're both bloodlusted and personalities are off. 

That said, Roy would go bananas. He takes this.

But if I could have some fun and forget the feats, this would be a fun battle to watch. One thing that Zuko has over Roy is his versatlity in battle. He's way more crafty with his movements. It would be really cool to see how Roy handles someone with Zuko's fighting style. Again, MINUS any feats.
Hopefully, Zuko learned how to fight Combustion Benders, cause Roy is a stupid suped up one. He'll have to do a lot of predicting, but if we slow down Roy, it could be a cool fight to watch. B)
[Image: heracross.gif]
There might not be true heroes anymore, but that doesn't mean I can't try!
Zuko doesn't stand a ghost of a chance. I've noticed during his fight with Envy the angrier Roy seemed the more brutally tactful he would become. In that fight he also stated he can attack at even point blank range.
If his seal gets cut or if its raining he's screwed otherwise Zuko ain't getting close.
Quote:"There is nothing about this whole scenario that doesn't make me so disgusted I want to violently vomit out my own internal organs. I despise you both so intensely that I can't tell if my vision is blurry from my near-death experience or my unforgiving rage. If allowed, once I am back to full health, I will gut you with an honest-to-God smile on my face. And then proceed to paint the home I built with your bodies with your very blood."
 -Bardock
                                                     [Image: latest?cb=20140830052708]      
(12-05-2015, 02:10 AM)JamesYTP Wrote:
(09-20-2015, 04:29 PM)Freak Wrote: Roy takes this one for sure. He's managed to defeat.. As far as I know.. Lust and Envy? Correct me if I'm wrong there, effortlessly, just by clicking his fingers to ignite them. Zuko wouldn't even get a chance to move before Roy sets him on fire repeatedly.

Well, Lust wasn't exactly "effortless" per se', she did do quite a number on him before he incinerated here later. Nevertheless Mustang does clearly seem to clearly be more powerful than Zuko to me (I've only seen up to maybe a quarter of the way through Avatar book 2 so I don't know him super well). I still say Mustang wins in spite of this but Mustang does have more weaknesses than Zuko does, I will say this. If you're able to damage the seal on his glove or destroy the glove he can't use flame alchemy anymore, or if you simply manage to get them wet somehow, and I would give Zuko the edge in physicality so if he can get to the glove who knows? Plus Roy has only really demonstrated the ability to get flames strong enough to kill a homunculi going when he's out for revenge or desperately wants to protect someone. I think it's potentially closer than most thing based on all this but in the end Zuko is still toast.

It's not really "flames" that Roy controls. It more of the molecule that he manipulate and thus can turned into explosive. Using the gloves, is more or less a lighter to ignite the attack. Now, Roy can do this the moment while Zuko is about to attack. Now all he needs is something to lite it and Zuko is one giant lighter maybe
[Image: C06wNU6.jpg]

Release it Kimishima! Release everything you got!