Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube Red Discussion

"Meet YouTube Red (http://goo.gl/eiizvT)– a new membership designed to amplify the videos and music you love. Watch ad-free videos whenever you sign in to YouTube or a YouTube app. Save videos to enjoy when you’re offline. And keep your videos playing while using other apps or with your screen off. Your membership keeps supporting the people who make your favorite videos, even while watching ad-free."

What are your guys thoughts about this?

Are any of you a Youtube Partner that rely on Adds? 

Do you think this will effect your income or others who use the adds for a source of profit?
I wonder what kind of exclusive content famous YT are going to start producing for Youtube Red members.

Probably move all the quality content there and leave the spin offs on regular YT.
I don't believe in bleak horizons, I won't concede to all of that. What we need is something different. What we all need is a... Steam Powered Griaffe!

RP Characters.
House Characters: Malefor, Rex Marksley.
People can already save videos offline and if you want to listen to music outside of the app on your phone (which likely already has something like Pandora already installed) or another music playing app.

I don't have a partnership so I don't really care, but if it's going to be turned into another Freemium scheme I'm not havin that. Of course, I haven't any idea what effect it has on profit from adsense money. It's fairly recent so it probably will take some time for people to actually try out before making a judgement on its functionality.

Google just wants more money and I guess adblock made them mad ):

IIt's whatever though. But I don't spend money for services I can access alrernatively for free lol
Haha yeah same here. I really don't care about watching a short 15 second comercial. Sometimes they can be funny. But I ain't paying for something like that. I am though a Partner on youtube and rely on adds lol Although I', still just starting out, I'm not really sure how much it will effect me or if it will at all. Guess we will find out.
I saw this "YouTube Red" for the first time. Isn't it technically just a fancier version of stream?
Like livestreaming? Idk, I thought livestreaming was already a free feature so long as you following guidelines.

I do know big name youtubers are making shows exclusively from Youtube Red and it helps them step up the production value. So maybe it's like Netflix originals but you have more flexible plans.
(06-04-2016, 10:30 AM)LoopyPanda Wrote: I do know big name youtubers are making shows exclusively from Youtube Red and it helps them step up the production value. So maybe it's like Netflix originals but you have more flexible plans.

That seems to be what all of the people involved are doing. Pewdiepie with live action stuff. Matpat the same. Makes sense really. Use money to make something big and unusual people have to pay for, then use the money from that to continue.
I don't believe in bleak horizons, I won't concede to all of that. What we need is something different. What we all need is a... Steam Powered Griaffe!

RP Characters.
So I downloaded the youtube music app and in doing so it automatically installed youtube red. I have less than 9 days before they try and bill me. To be honest, the service is only good if you wanna listen to music on the go. The youtube red original shows pretty much suck.
Quote:"There is nothing about this whole scenario that doesn't make me so disgusted I want to violently vomit out my own internal organs. I despise you both so intensely that I can't tell if my vision is blurry from my near-death experience or my unforgiving rage. If allowed, once I am back to full health, I will gut you with an honest-to-God smile on my face. And then proceed to paint the home I built with your bodies with your very blood."
 -Bardock
                                                     [Image: latest?cb=20140830052708]      
Ah, so it's essentially netfilx. Kind of pointless if you ask me. If YouTubers see the need for them, that's fine. However, I really don't see the advantage for the average person browsing on YouTube lol.
That's because there isn't.

RP Characters.