Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Ball Super
[Image: 83348l.jpg]

Set just after the events of the Buu Saga of Dragon Ball Z, a deadly threat awakens once more. People lived in peace without knowing who the true heroes were during the devastating battle against Majin Buu. The powerful Dragon Balls have prevented any permanent damage, and our heroes also continue to live a normal life. In the far reaches of the universe, however, a powerful being awakens early from his slumber, curious about a prophecy of his defeat.

Join Son Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, Son Gohan, and the rest of the Dragon Ball crew as they tackle the strongest opponent they have ever faced. Beerus, the god of destruction, now sets his curious sights on Earth. Will the heroes save the day and prevent earth's destruction? Or will the whims of a bored god prove too powerful for the Saiyans? Son Goku faces impossible odds once more and fights for the safety of his loved ones and the planet.

So how about that Vegitto blue?
Quote:"There is nothing about this whole scenario that doesn't make me so disgusted I want to violently vomit out my own internal organs. I despise you both so intensely that I can't tell if my vision is blurry from my near-death experience or my unforgiving rage. If allowed, once I am back to full health, I will gut you with an honest-to-God smile on my face. And then proceed to paint the home I built with your bodies with your very blood."
 -Bardock
                                                     [Image: latest?cb=20140830052708]      
(11-19-2016, 03:35 AM)SPINAL Wrote: So how about that Vegitto blue?

Vegetto's short period was dumb. Potara being retconned to have a time limit and the fact that it defused faster if they lose power, make the whole point of it being "different from fusion dance" totally worthless. 

Zamasu Arc from start to finished was pretty much a waste of time. The ending is nothing to walk home about. People claimed that the consequences is "set and stone" for the cast, but it wasn't. Whis immediately made a brand new timeline for them, so their "troubles" is practically tossed out.

=====

Anywho, newest episode aired. Meh episode. Think

Dragon Ball Super Manga continues to blow like always. I honestly don't see any reason why fans would considered the manga to be superior. The more I reread it, the more I'm disappointing of how practically dumb Toyo puts in. The fact that Vegetto used Blue instead of SSjGod was rather stupid. Everything about the newest chapter was dumb (including Vegeta needed the "Future Bulma speech" to be convinced to fuse). Only interesting thing was the phrase "Vegetto could have surpass Beerus) by Shin. 

Maybe the next chapters, Toyo can cut it out with the tracing/homages already maybe
Anyone else hyped that we finally got the female super sayians Caulifla and Kale?
[img=0x170]http://i1.wp.com/shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/DE4dItrVwAQd9nd.jpg[/img]
(05-27-2017, 09:07 PM)Masamune+ Wrote: Anyone else hyped that we finally got the female super sayians Caulifla and Kale?

Dragon Ball Heroes already beat them to the punch with Super Saiyan females about 6 years maybe

Looks like Caulifla obtained Super Saiyan 2 judging from the previews for the next episode.

Episode 92 Thoughts

Nothing much to say about the episode aside from interesting tidbits from other universes. The only thing that was noteworthy is the soul-crushing scene of how Caulifla easily attained Super Saiyan. I already seen enough arguments about how "But but Super Saiyan is supposed to be an emotional trauma!" when such a case was never the case. Toriyama continues to strike again maybe

Don't see the need of Freeza returning, but apparently he will joined in the team under one condition. I'm assuming that it will be "I want to have one last battle" kind of shit. Wagh

Super manga continues to shit the bed as usual.
(05-28-2017, 08:39 PM)ShineCero Wrote:
(05-27-2017, 09:07 PM)Masamune+ Wrote: Anyone else hyped that we finally got the female super sayians Caulifla and Kale?

Dragon Ball Heroes already beat them to the punch with Super Saiyan females about 6 years maybe

Looks like Caulifla obtained Super Saiyan 2 judging from the previews for the next episode.

Episode 92 Thoughts

Nothing much to say about the episode aside from interesting tidbits from other universes. The only thing that was noteworthy is the soul-crushing scene of how Caulifla easily attained Super Saiyan. I already seen enough arguments about how "But but Super Saiyan is supposed to be an emotional trauma!" when such a case was never the case. Toriyama continues to strike again maybe

Don't see the need of Freeza returning, but apparently he will joined in the team under one condition. I'm assuming that it will be "I want to have one last battle" kind of shit. Wagh

Super manga continues to shit the bed as usual.

Yeah, I personally don't have a problem with her easily attaining SSJ. My only annoyance is with how they try to give it the "midiclorian treatment", where they try to make her appear as some sort of talented genius by the way she accesses the form.

The transformation had already been given an explanation that you can access it with ease through a certain method, but it's never really explained because there wasn't a need to expand on "Trunks and Goten were just talented and were naturally capable of it". So having Caulifla do it wasn't a problem: she's already been stated to have immense potential. Hell, they could've just left everything alone by keeping that nonchalant attitude she has towards the form itself: not giving a damn and being all, "ez game ez lyfe" about it. It honestly felt like a call back to Trunks and Goten, giving that "new generation blowing past the old" type vibe that moment created.

Instead, they try to paint her as some sort of genius that accesses the form through unneccesary explanation, just like how Star Wars attempts to explain "The Force". It's easily understood as a universal source of life energy inside all things, but they go and add a "midichlorian count" to define how strong some Force users are. In doing so, they fluff up portions of the story that don't matter and introduce concepts that only detract from the ethos of it all. Basically, you start thinking about factual information on the story instead of riding that "Caulifla's punk attitude makes this moment sort of intimidating/exciting because she just did this without even remotely trying" hype.

All in all, the episode was alright outside of that. It maintains that, "enjoy the hype, don't look deeper or you get a little triggered" DBS is known for, so I can't offer any new complaints. Glad they're at least doing well with aesthetics now mostly, as I personally enjoyed Caulifla's voice actor specifically. As well as the artwork, I mean:

[Image: 3d6b1f17b82701e67964428d80c6ac39.png]

Looks like we got a new "bae" boys lmfao. Having her stare at you like that, a captivating voice syncing with it, and playing smooth jazz music to top it all off? Whew lad xD
"What do you call a Vegeta and a Goku? Vegetto sounds alright." - Meet Vegetto
[Image: oVn2qsw.png]
You're overthinking it. The explanation did not add anything to the Super Saiyan transformation. It's simply Cabba explaining how the transformation felt like to him and describe such in detail to Cauilifa to give her a better idea, so she did that method. Wala, she's Super Saiyan. It's no different of how Super Saiyan was treated after the Freeza arc where Vegeta, Trunks and Gohan all achieved the form off-screen. It's not a big deal and the show continues to capitalized Toriyama's subversion.

maybe I wouldn't be surprise if Caulifia is the Goku of U6. Goku was an outcast because he wasn't a thug-pirate like the rest of his race. Caulifia is an outcast because she wasn't a upstanding peace fighter like the rest of her race. An animator of Super drew this and posted on his twitter:

This continues in the newest episode, where Kale transformed because she thought she was being a burden on her idol and her jealous that she thought Cabba might be hitting on her. Pls

Fun Fact: It been acknowledge that Kale's transformation is same as Broly's transformation. 

Herms' Translation of Kale

After Kale transformed, she used the same line as Broly in the Japanese version. The English subs might missed this though (haven't watch it yet).

"You'll be the first blood sacrifice" (or more prosaically, “I’ll kill you first”).
"My ki is rising, overflowing".

Pls And this is making fanboys madder than hell because she's literally Girl Broly. Legendary is now in the main continuity of Dragon Ball. These power level fags tears are delicious. 

Interesting to know that not all God of Destructions are equal and some of them are stronger than Beerus, plus the idea that some of the mortals in the mutliverse can match the GoDs.

I thought the interactions with Goku and Freeza was pretty good, so I have no complaints for this episode. Just waiting for something to drop the ball hard in this tournament thing because they are dragging their feet with these recruitment episodes.
(06-03-2017, 05:49 PM)ShineCero Wrote: You're overthinking it. The explanation did not add anything to the Super Saiyan transformation. It's simply Cabba explaining how the transformation felt like to him and describe such in detail to Cauilifa to give her a better idea, so she did that method. Wala, she's Super Saiyan. It's no different of how Super Saiyan was treated after the Freeza arc where Vegeta, Trunks and Gohan all achieved the form off-screen. It's not a big deal and the show continues to capitalized Toriyama's subversion.

That's not true because they add in that graphic depicting exactly how the transformation occurs, so it's not just "Cabba explaining how he felt it happen". It's adding in definitive qualities behind it, which personally, I don't like and think it takes away from what the form already is. Don't care how easy or "worthless" it becomes in comparison to the old, but would also prefer not to have explanations that are unnecessary additions that detract from plot.

(06-03-2017, 05:49 PM)ShineCero Wrote: maybe I wouldn't be surprise if Caulifia is the Goku of U6. Goku was an outcast because he wasn't a thug-pirate like the rest of his race. Caulifia is an outcast because she wasn't a upstanding peace fighter like the rest of her race. An animator of Super drew this and posted on his twitter:

[Image: DBZ10roVwAAl5R4.jpg:large]

Beautiful artwork, but yeah. We'll have to see since the dynamic of the three Saiyans is proving to be a little confusing (I can't tell if it's like Caulifla wants to play along in making Kale angry, or if she actually is getting pissed at Cabba for insulting Kale xD

(06-03-2017, 05:49 PM)ShineCero Wrote: This continues in the newest episode, where Kale transformed because she thought she was being a burden on her idol and her jealous that she thought Cabba might be hitting on her. Pls

Fun Fact: It been acknowledge that Kale's transformation is same as Broly's transformation. 

Herms' Translation of Kale

After Kale transformed, she used the same line as Broly in the Japanese version. The English subs might missed this though (haven't watch it yet).

"You'll be the first blood sacrifice" (or more prosaically, “I’ll kill you first”).
"My ki is rising, overflowing".

Pls And this is making fanboys madder than hell because she's literally Girl Broly. Legendary is now in the main continuity of Dragon Ball. These power level fags tears are delicious.

I just watched the sub version, and yeah, the quotes are literally the same. Heck, they even stole the opening dash Broly does in the movie!

I was honestly disappointed we didn't see more, but I was dying of laughter when she just started bodying Cabba. Just because the legendary trash talk of "blockhead" was the best lead up context to that scuffle lmfao. 

(06-03-2017, 05:49 PM)ShineCero Wrote: Interesting to know that not all God of Destructions are equal and some of them are stronger than Beerus, plus the idea that some of the mortals in the mutliverse can match the GoDs.

It was pretty obvious, where BoG, Beerus still states (at least English dub) that some of the other universes have "spawned warriors even mightier than us". Along with Goku and Vegeta already making progress towards that overall ideology of a mortal surpassing gods.

(06-03-2017, 05:49 PM)ShineCero Wrote: I thought the interactions with Goku and Freeza was pretty good, so I have no complaints for this episode. Just waiting for something to drop the ball hard in this tournament thing because they are dragging their feet with these recruitment episodes.

Yeah, we'll just have to see how it goes. Especially since the next episode is hinting at the universe team having to fight off some assassins or something. Frieza/Goku team up!
Vegetto Wrote:That's not true because they add in that graphic depicting exactly how the transformation occurs, so it's not just "Cabba explaining how he felt it happen". It's adding in definitive qualities behind it, which personally, I don't like and think it takes away from what the form already is. Don't care how easy or "worthless" it becomes in comparison to the old, but would also prefer not to have explanations that are unnecessary additions that detract from plot.

Cabba stated this after you first transformed into a Super Saiyan. "Once you're used to it, if you focus your strength in your back around here..."

The description of what being a Super Saiyan feels like, in which Cabba described it as having a tingle-like feeling on your back, which again, occurs after you first transformed, is just that, an description. This does not add nor change anything from what we know about form. All it does it shows how Cabba feels when he goes Super Saiyan every time.

"Takes away the form"

How does this takes away the Super Saiyan transformation? Think Goku [ and Trunks in the Special] was the only one who went Super Saiyan as an response to emotional trauma -- whereas everyone else got it off-screen or (in the case of the anime), by training really hard. The form stopped being special the moment Future Trunks shows up. Cabba practically subvert this trying to force anger - but in Caulifia's case, she control her Ki in single point and boom, she's Super Saiyan, by following exactly how Cabba described it. Whether not you like falls on personal taste -- but it does not take away anything from the form.

Quote:It was pretty obvious, where BoG, Beerus still states (at least English dub) that some of the other universes have "spawned warriors even mightier than us". Along with Goku and Vegeta already making progress towards that overall ideology of a mortal surpassing gods.

I don't recall that being ever stated in the actual series, but regardless, it was nice to have some insight on some other universes. 

Quote:Yeah, we'll just have to see how it goes. Especially since the next episode is hinting at the universe team having to fight off some assassins or something. Frieza/Goku team up!

It's basically universes trying to screw the other universe (mainly 7th) so they don't have to worry about them in the ToP. However, I feel that they are dragging their feet for this arc. The pay off better be good, but considering that this is Super, I'm not keeping my hopes up.
(06-03-2017, 08:59 PM)ShineCero Wrote:
Vegetto Wrote:That's not true because they add in that graphic depicting exactly how the transformation occurs, so it's not just "Cabba explaining how he felt it happen". It's adding in definitive qualities behind it, which personally, I don't like and think it takes away from what the form already is. Don't care how easy or "worthless" it becomes in comparison to the old, but would also prefer not to have explanations that are unnecessary additions that detract from plot.

Cabba stated this after you first transformed into a Super Saiyan. "Once you're used to it, if you focus your strength in your back around here..."

The description of what being a Super Saiyan feels like, in which Cabba described it as having a tingle-like feeling on your back, which again, occurs after you first transformed, is just that, an description. This does not add nor change anything from what we know about form. All it does it shows how Cabba feels when he goes Super Saiyan every time.

"Takes away the form"

How does this takes away the Super Saiyan transformation? Think Goku [ and Trunks in the Special] was the only one who went Super Saiyan as an response to emotional trauma -- whereas everyone else got it off-screen or (in the case of the anime), by training really hard. The form stopped being special the moment Future Trunks shows up. Cabba practically subvert this trying to force anger - but in Caulifia's case, she control her Ki in single point and boom, she's Super Saiyan, by following exactly how Cabba described it. Whether not you like falls on personal taste -- but it does not take away anything from the form.

Like I said, it adds unnecessary exposition to the transformation. No where before did this sort of "focus energy at a specific point" strategy was stated as to how you can obtain SSJ without much effort, it's a new mechanic the writers have added to try and explain how talented individuals can obtain the form. If she had just obtained SSJ without even trying too hard, no one really would have a valid complaint because we already have seen little children access it without much effort. In fact, it'd be much more impactful because we're all aware of how Trunks and Goten achieved the form just by their raw potential alone, making it more obvious that Caulifla is a talented warrior that isn't some sort of tactical genius at the same time.

The problem I have with it, again, is that it dilutes what we already understand about the form by adding in this "energy focused in the back" addendum. IE, The Force in Star Wars was a philosophical "energy of the universe" type of deal that flowed through all life. Then, in the prequels, they go and add this sort of "midichlorian count" that basically adds power levels to Star Wars just so we can know how strong Anakin is. Even though the whole Chosen One prophecy is more than enough.

I was perfectly ok with DBS being completely irrelevant and throwing around power explanations without a care about consistency, Zamasu's arc alone should have shown they don't care about power comparisons in the slightest. But now, they take it a step further, in trying to exposition how power in SSJ works instead of capitalizing on the character of Caulifla to really sell the undoubtable rage of the fanboys that think SSJ has to be earned extensively hard. Cabba's recounting of what he specifically feels is irrelevant: the graphics depicting how Caulifla does it, and frankly, it's all a waste of time. If Cabba had just explained what he felt had happened and Caulifla went SSJ without the indications of "back energy", then you might have been able to make that case. But because they show the energy mounting and etc, it's no longer just how Cabba felt the power anymore. It's now the method that is used in easily sustaining the form, and thus, a step in the wrong direction.

(06-03-2017, 08:59 PM)ShineCero Wrote: It's basically universes trying to screw the other universe (mainly 7th) so they don't have to worry about them in the ToP. However, I feel that they are dragging their feet for this arc. The pay off better be good, but considering that this is Super, I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Yeah, it'll probably be just like LSSJ Kale attacking Cabba and Caulifla: we get a few seconds/minutes of fun fighting and then it ends abruptly. Not really expecting much until ToP, but its at least better than all of the setup we're going through at the moment.