Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Luxtra's Artwork
Photo 
Welcome to my art thread! Here I'll show you my traditional and digital art adventures.

I hope I'll find time to update this thread every other year regularly Smile

Without further ado, here are three traditional artworks I drew in the past:

Recently I fully switched to the digital medium. My digital drawings and paintings aren't very good yet, but I hope to improve over time. This morning I practiced a little and somehow my craving for chocolate led to this painting:

As you can see from this painting, I'm going back to the basics and away from manga/anime subjects (for now), but I like that. I don't want to limit myself to any particular genre or art style. The drawing represents the light and darkness in everyone's heart in the form of chocolate - that's why one half is white/milk chocolate and the other dark chocolate. Ridiculous, I know, but this painting just kinda...happened, and I went with it. Even though it's very simple, I was pretty proud of the shading and blending, so I thought I might as well just post it.
[Image: xqjCHtv.png]
Wooow lux that digital painting of yours is really awesome! The way you blended the colors into eachother and the shading is subtle and good! I also like to see the reasoning behind drawings, it gives them more depth so that's also nice to see. I hope I can color digitally someday too. xD
[Image: XTjOHU5.png]
~ Set made by Syn ~
I can't paint or my life. Xd

It looks both good and delicious! I guess you could say we're partly bitter by nature haha.
(01-02-2016, 05:00 AM)Ploep Wrote: Wooow lux that digital painting of yours is really awesome! The way you blended the colors into eachother and the shading is subtle and good! I also like to see the reasoning behind drawings, it gives them more depth so that's also nice to see. I hope I can color digitally someday too. xD

Thank you! Actually I wanted to paint the moon in the shape of a heart (inspired by this Kingdom Hearts image), but then my brain decided to change things up a little xD

(01-02-2016, 01:13 PM)LoopyPanda Wrote: I can't paint or my life. Xd

It looks both good and delicious! I guess you could say we're partly bitter by nature haha.

That's a very nice interpretation. Though hopefully not all hearts are 50 % bitter, like in my picture.

Another short painting practice, this time the Kingdom Key from Kingdom Hearts. Of course I used a picture as a reference.

Bonus question: Who can tell what's missing from this painting (without using Google)? Big Grin

Edit: Not much time for painting today, so the artwork I drew wouldn't deserve its own post. But I guess it's okay as an "add-on" for this existing post, considering it's from Kingdom Hearts as well (it's the pendant of Sora's necklace, to be exact).

[Image: WMp7CyI.png]

Edit 2: And here's a simple painting of a book as another bonus:

[Image: YHNxLAo.png]
[Image: xqjCHtv.png]
I could've sworn the Keyblade was a render model of the actual game XD

is it the little keychain thing with the mickey charm that's missing?
Wow, that looks like the actual render of the game!

And I believe the Mickey Mouse keychain is missing :p