Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What part of a song do/would you like to listen over and over?
When you're listening to a song, there's definitely going to be an instrumental passage that somehow makes you want to reverse the track to the beginning of that point to listen it again or put it in a program like Audacity so you can select that part and put it in a repeated play/loop, or where you simply wish that particular part of the song would last longer.

My question to you is, do you have such a part with a song you like? If so, what song is it from?

Personally I have this with the following songs:

- The intro of 'Dance Hall Days' by Wang Chung (radio version)

- The acoustic(?) guitar solo part in 'Run To You' from Bryan Adams

- The ending part of 'West End Girls' by the Pet Shop Boys

- The ending part of 'Promised you a Miracle' by the Simple Minds (radio edit)

- The whole song Equinoxe Part 6 by Jean Michel Jarre

- The beginning/refrain of Move Any Mountain by The Shamen

- The Up-tempo instrumental part ('Allegro') from MacArthur Park by Richard Harris

- The main instrumental part of Delight by 2 Unlimited.
Trapped in My Mind by Kid Cudi is one of the hand full of songs that I always listen over and over again; to the point that I take a listen to it nearly every day.
I listen to Fantasy by LAMA literally over a thousand times (About 1251 times according to my iTunes.)
[Image: P3auUVy.png]

"In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."

DUN DUN!
Is it for the entire song or for a specific part of the song?
A specific part of a song for me is this very short line. The original song is Fancy by Iggy Azalea.

Now, I despise her music. Including Fancy which was annoyingly played on radio ad nauseum.

But for some reason, I just love listening to the one line or two with the bassline best of her going, "who dat who dat? I GG Y that do that do that? I GG Y!" Someone managed to take that line and just loop it over seamlessly with some added beats and man its so catchy! I hate the song except for that lil bit tho.

AAnother part I like is the intro to Yellowcard's For You and Your Denial; the violin + guitar is some gud shit yo.
(01-03-2016, 05:32 AM)Z-Fighter Wrote: Is it for the entire song or for a specific part of the song?

Primarily the beginning of the song. It's so... SOMETHING.

"In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."

DUN DUN!
I also love to listen to the part between 1:08 and 1:17 of the song 'Chasing Moonbeams' by The Tornados.
I listen to the ending part of Ain't No Rest For The Wicked because it just makes me see Kire and Jaz accepting the consequences of life and death. I know, it's some deep shit, yo.

DUN DUN!