Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome vs FireFox
I been seeing a lot of people saying that FireFox is better than Chrome nowadays... but I haven't found anything concrete during my research about that. What the heck happened?

:thinks: Which browser is the best or it's all boils down to personal preference?
[Image: n1TkH4U.png]

"Mess with the Walt,"
"And you get the Salt."

Content: My Art | No More Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | BoogaVerse
Realistically it just boils down to preference, especially in one's opinion of each company. Granted, Google Chrome has one advantage, which is that it's Google and more or less allows for streamlining across the entirety of the Google platform, including things like Youtube, Gmail, Android etc. On the other hand, that also means that relying on that kind of inter-connectivity means Google delves even farther into your life than most people might want to think... It also helps that it isn't as mature as Firefox, which has roots from the legendary Netscape Browser of early internet fame. The Mozilla Foundation (the developers of Firefox) are also dedicated to and advocate for privacy, even going as far as implementing tracking blockers directly into the browser that prevent sites like Facebook or Google from tracking your every last move. a good few years back, it would have been true that Firefox had better performance than Chrome, but nowadays they both seem to equal out in performance. In that event, especially for lower power systems, I would actually advocate for Microsoft Edge (I know, boo Mr. Unpopular Opinion here, I get the hate). It seems to be significantly less resource intense, and since I'm not a power user with chalkloads of extensions, I'm fine with just having access to adblock/ublock origin. In higher-end systems with a better processor and more RAM, however, Chrome or Firefox are both equally superior in the UX aspect of things.
[Image: y8xyE0s.png]
RPG and Tech Forum Manager (I may or may not be crazy)
(10-04-2018, 12:08 PM)Freak Wrote: Realistically it just boils down to preference, especially in one's opinion of each company. Granted, Google Chrome has one advantage, which is that it's Google and more or less allows for streamlining across the entirety of the Google platform, including things like Youtube, Gmail, Android etc. On the other hand, that also means that relying on that kind of inter-connectivity means Google delves even farther into your life than most people might want to think... It also helps that it isn't as mature as Firefox, which has roots from the legendary Netscape Browser of early internet fame. The Mozilla Foundation (the developers of Firefox) are also dedicated to and advocate for privacy, even going as far as implementing tracking blockers directly into the browser that prevent sites like Facebook or Google from tracking your every last move. a good few years back, it would have been true that Firefox had better performance than Chrome, but nowadays they both seem to equal out in performance. In that event, especially for lower power systems, I would actually advocate for Microsoft Edge (I know, boo Mr. Unpopular Opinion here, I get the hate). It seems to be significantly less resource intense, and since I'm not a power user with chalkloads of extensions, I'm fine with just having access to adblock/ublock origin. In higher-end systems with a better processor and more RAM, however, Chrome or Firefox are both equally superior in the UX aspect of things.

I heard of Facebook doing this, but Google? In what extent they invade their privacy? I heard vague things about it (and admittedly, I haven't properly did my own research). Is it really that bad, or it just problematic, but not enough to stop you from using it s services?

"Mess with the Walt,"
"And you get the Salt."

Of course. Targeted advertising is the new fad, and companies need user data to put the"targeted" in targeted advertising. Targeted advertising makes a good amount more money because companies then know they'll reach the target audience, and Google is keen to capitalize on that, probably moreso than Facebook. Facebook maintains a relatively small microcosm compared to Google, who has their search engine, android, Play, YouTube, Google Ads, etc. Personally I don't mind too too much, but I still feel like more action needs to be taken to regulate that grey market.
[Image: y8xyE0s.png]
RPG and Tech Forum Manager (I may or may not be crazy)
Interesting. yeah, that is definitely pressing considering the massive reach Google can extend too; probably nigh-impossible to escape if you use one of their services at some point or another.

"Mess with the Walt,"
"And you get the Salt."