Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US News Explosive Bombs sent to George Soros, Clintons and Barack Obama
Quote:A major criminal investigation has been launched after suspected bombs were sent to the homes of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and CNN's headquarters. 

The apparent explosive device targeting Mrs Clinton was discovered when screening post on Tuesday evening and the suspect packages targeting Mr Obama and the Time Warner Centre, which houses the CNN newsroom, were found on Wednesday.

It comes just days after George Soros, the billionaire philanthropist and prominent Democrat donor, was also targeted with a suspected pipe bomb.

The White House has condemned the attempted attacks, saying "these terrorising acts are despicable'".

Investigators were reportedly looking into whether the attacks were linked in any if there are similarities between the devices.

A full-scale manhunt is now underway to find the individuals responsible.

Where were the devices?
One explosive device was found in a package sent to the home of Bill and in Chappaqua, New York late on Tuesday and was addressed to the former First Lady. The device was detected during a routine search of the post at the Clintons' home. 

An anonymous police source said investigators believe the device is similar to one sent to Mr Soros, who regularly donates to liberal causes across the world.

A second suspicious package addressed to the home of Mr Obama, the former US president, was intercepted by Secret Service personnel in Washington DC early on Wednesday morning.

"The packages were immediately identified during routine mail screening procedures as potential explosive devices and were appropriately handled as such," the Secret Service said. 

Officials said the devices were rudimentary but "functional explosive devices". Both packages were pro-actively detonated by officials. 

An official said one of the packages had the return address of Representative Deborah Wasserman Schultz, an ironic reference to the former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee.

A third suspected bomb sent to CNN's New York newsroom was addressed to John Brennan, the former CIA director, the network said.

Was anyone harmed?
Neither Mrs Clinton nor Mr Obama were at risk of receiving the packages, the agency said. It not yet known whether there are any injuries resulting from the suspicious device delivered to the CNN building.

Secret Service agents have increased security around both Mr Obama and Mrs Clinton. As a precaution, the New York Police Department's Intelligence, Counterterrorism and Bomb Squad teams are increasing patrols at high-profile locations in New York City, including media locations, an official said.

The attempted attacks on left-leaning figures come just two weeks before the US midterm elections.

Mrs Clinton was in Florida at the time campaigning for the Democratic party but Mr Clinton is thought to have been home at the time.

Police have cleared the street in front of CNN. A dozen police vehicles right now. Pushing us now to clear the block 

— Kate Bolduan (@KateBolduan) 
Mr Obama's whereabouts at the time are unknown. The former president lives in Washington DC, where his youngest daughter is still at school.

A spokesman for Barack Obama, the former president, declined to say where he or Michelle Obama were at home at the time the suspicious package was discovered. 

The spokesman told The Telegraph that Mr Obama’s office would not be “providing info about their private schedules” and directed questions to the security services. 

We are aware of a suspicious package found in the vicinity of the Clinton residence in Chappaqua, NY, and our JTTF has engaged with our federal, state and local partners to investigate. As this is an on-going investigation, we will have no further comment at this time

— FBI New York (@NewYorkFBI) 
In a statement, the US Secret Service said: "The US Secret Service has intercepted two suspicious packages addressed to Secret Service protectees.

"Late on October 23, 2018, the Secret Service recovered a single package addressed to Former First Lady Hillary Clinton in Westchester County, New York.

"Early this morning, October 24, 2018, a second package addressed to the residence of Former President Barack Obama was intercepted by Secret Service personnel in Washington, DC.

Pushing us back further 

— Kate Bolduan (@KateBolduan) 
"The packages were immediately identified during routine mail screening procedures as potential explosive devices and were appropriately handled as such. The protectees did not receive the packages nor were they at risk of receiving them.

"The Secret Service has initiated a full scope criminal investigation that will leverage all available federal, state, and local resources to determine the source of the packages and identify those responsible."

Trump's Respsone

Quote:President Donald Trump pointed the finger Wednesday night at his opponents and the news media for the turbulent national political environment, on the same day it was revealed explosive devices were mailed to the Obamas, the Clintons, CNN and other public officials.

Trump took no responsibility for the tone of the political discourse. His comments capped off a chaotic day of an attempted large-scale attack on prominent Democratic figures, including Obama's former CIA director John Brennan and attorney general Eric Holder, as well as California Rep. Maxine Waters, who Trump has attempted to elevate as the face of the Democratic Party. A day earlier, an explosive device was found at the home of George Soros, the liberal donor who is a subject of right-wing conspiracy theories.

During a rally in Wisconsin, the President promised to bring those responsible for mailing the explosive devices to justice and broadly condemned violence, without specifically naming the targets of Wednesday's bombs.

"Any acts or threats of political violence are an attack on our democracy itself. No nation can succeed that tolerates violence or the threat of violence as a method of political intimidation, corrosion or control, we all know that. Such conduct much be fiercely opposed and firmly prosecuted," he said.

"We want all sides to come together in peace and harmony. We can do it. We can do it. We can do it. It'll happen."

Then he pivoted, saying those in the political arena "must stop treating political opponents as being morally defective."

"The language of moral condemnation and destructive, routine -- these are arguments and disagreements that have to stop," said Trump, who has routinely labeled Waters "crazy," referred to the news media as the "enemy of the people," called those who held up his Supreme Court nominee "people that are evil" and blamed "both sides" when a neo-Nazi ran over and killed a counter-protester in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Trump took no responsibility for his own rhetoric -- which has included attacks on news outlets and Democratic opponents, as well as moments like a recent rally in Montana where he praised a Republican congressman who pleaded guilty to charges stemming from his body-slamming a reporter.

He complained of "mobs" -- a reference to protesters, who opposed Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination and confronted Republican senators on Capitol Hill, and who have challenged GOP lawmakers and Trump Cabinet officials at restaurants and in public.
"No one should carelessly compare political opponents to historical villains, which is done often and all the time. It's got to stop. We should not mob people in public spaces or destroy public property. There is one way to settle our disagreements -- it's called peacefully, at the ballot box. That's what we want," Trump said.

He then said it's the news media's responsibility to set the national political tone.

"The media also has a responsibility to set a civil tone and to stop the endless hostility and constant negative and oftentimes false attacks and stories. Have to do it," he said.

He resumed his usual attacks on Democrats, falsely claiming that "the Democrat Party is openly encouraging caravan after caravan of illegal aliens to violate our laws and break into our country." He complained the treatment Kavanaugh, saying that "they made him suffer." He claimed a 10% tax cut for the middle class is coming "soon" -- a pledge that comes less than two weeks from the midterm elections, but has never been proposed as a bill in Congress.

Two additional bombs found

Quote:Two additional pipe bombs, one addressed to former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and the other to actor Robert De Niro have been found, law enforcement officials said on Thursday, the latest in a wave of similar devices sent to several prominent Democrats who have been have been the rhetorical targets of President Trump and several right-wing figures.

A law enforcement official said the envelope and printed address labels on the package sent to Mr. De Niro were similar to those on explosives sent to former President Barack Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and others, and an X-ray showed it contained a similar device resembling a pipe bomb.

“This appears to be from the same sender,” the official said.

The United States Postal Service records images of mail that comes into its system. Officials searched those images overnight and found several other suspicious packages, a law enforcement official said. It was not immediately clear how many they discovered.

The device sent to Mr. Biden was found at a U.S. postal service facility in Delaware, a law enforcement official said. Similar to the one sent to former Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., the envelope was misaddressed and was being redirected to the return sender written on the mailing label, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Florida congresswoman.

Security personnel at Mr. De Niro’s company, TriBeCa Productions, discovered the package about 5 a.m. and called the New York Police Department, whose bomb squad responded, officials briefed on the matter said. It was removed about 6:30 a.m. and taken to the Police Department’s range in the Bronx for disposal.

Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York said Thursday that an “eagle-eyed security employee” at TriBeCa Productions noticed similarities between the package and photos of envelopes that were discovered on Wednesday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/25/nyreg...evice.html
[Image: VTk3W41.png]

"I have made many enemies in my lifetime, many different kind of enemies; however, you know what all of them have in common?"
"Death."

Content: My Art | No More Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | BoogaVerse
Saw this joke on another site, made me chuckle Lmao

Left: Punch Nazis!

Right: Punch Journalists!

Left: Yell at Senators in restaurants.

Right: Bomb Democrats.

Left: What?

Right: The Jews will not replace us.

Left: Whoa, whoa, wait what!?

Flake comes in, places hand on shoulders, looking at the "supposed left" in the eyes, while avoiding contact with the right. He uttered out an statement. "Both sides need to calm down."

Trump: Civility is important you enemies of the state.

"I have made many enemies in my lifetime, many different kind of enemies; however, you know what all of them have in common?"
"Death."

You know last night I saw a post on a "I got banned for being political incorrect" thread in the Steam forums and it was "both the Left and Right are equally bad about oppressing people." Guy obviously hasn't been paying attention to the news I guess.

Trump's reaction to this is disgusting and predictable to a mathematical degree. As Lebron put it, it doesn't matter if he's a racist or not, his rhetoric normalizes and emboldens the outcasts radicals of society and makes them feel accepted. This is the logical outcome of that. Someone actually caves into the inner violence the most political people feel and tries to kill other people to demoralize "the enemy." This is just like I said in the Brett Kavanaugh thread and what I warned about in terms of radicals. I warned that each side continues to preform actions that in proper placement threatens someone's very existence. For the Left this was electing someone who wants to get rid of abortion and the Trump admistration threatening the rights of transgender and intersex peoples. For the Right this is letting "dangerous non-White people" into the country. I'm betting everything I have on whoever sent out these bombs saw Trump's rant about how this is horrible, then saw the president rant about "caravans and caravans" and that will only embolden them.
RP Characters.
Mysterious Summons: Malefor, Rex Marksley.
@Grey Star post the link, I bet that it is hilarious.
[Image: 2rpaa2a.gif]
太上無敗,其次敗而有以成,此之謂用民 ~ 墨子
https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/di...3783502127
RP Characters.
I don't understand these types of threats... You send a bomb to people who are not in any sort of political power (At least not anymore) in attempts to kill them. Okay, let's assume you DID kill them, what did that accomplish? You killed someone who...isn't doing anything. On top of all that, this person must have a LOT of free time in order to find the stuff to make a bomb, make the actual bomb, package it, find out where these people live (I assume their direct address is private), and send it. This person must be very bored or desperate for attention, either one is laughable. 

In a crueler world, I would have taken the bomb out of the package and sent it back to him with a Trump seal of approval, watch the person open it, and blow himself up with his own bomb. Cruel? Yes. Effective? Yes. Should I (or anyone) do it? NO.

All jokes aside, thankfully no one was seriously hurt or killed and I do hope that this psycho gets caught before he actually hurts someone. 

EDIT: Apparently, they tracked the packages back to Florida. As a Floridian, I apologize for the stupidity my state spews out every year.
[Image: Two_Birds.png]

The Fuck You Say You To Me..?!
Quote:WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - The investigation into 10 pipe bombs sent to high-profile Democrats and critics of U.S. President Donald Trump is focusing on leads in Florida, a federal law enforcement source said on Thursday.

All the suspicious packages were believed to have gone through the U.S. Postal System at some point, the source said. Many of the packages had the return address of the Florida office of U.S. Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who formerly chaired the Democratic National Committee, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Former Vice President Joe Biden and actor Robert De Niro on Thursday became the latest intended targets of the bombs, none of which exploded.

The bombs have heightened what already was a contentious campaign season ahead of the Nov. 6 elections in which Trump’s Republicans will try to maintain majorities in the Senate and House of Representatives. The episode has also called attention to the harsh rhetoric Trump wields against his rivals.

Trump condemned the bombs but later blamed the media, his frequent foil, for much of the angry tone.

No one has claimed responsibility and the FBI urged the public to report any tips and be vigilant.

Some of the packages sent to New York locations had envelopes of white powder in them, but FBI Assistant Director William Sweeney said at a briefing in New York that initial analysis showed it was not a biological threat.

The pipe bombs discovered on Wednesday were similar to the ones sent to Biden and De Niro, a federal official told Reuters. Authorities described the devices as crude while security experts said their goal may have been to create fear rather than to kill.

FBI TO STUDY CNN BOMB
One of the bombs was sent to the New York headquarters of CNN, which Trump has frequently derided for its coverage of him, and the network said on Thursday the device was being taken in a bomb-proof truck to the FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia, for analysis.

Leading Democrats said the bombs were a dangerous outgrowth of an antagonistic political atmosphere created by the president.

Trump and other Republicans have likened Democrats to an “angry mob,” citing protests at the confirmation hearing of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

The FBI said on Thursday one of the two packages sent to Biden - who once said he would have fought Trump if they were in high school - was discovered at a mail facility in his home state of Delaware and the second at another location.

The device intended for De Niro, who received a loud ovation when he hurled an obscenity at Trump at the Tony Awards in June, was sent to one of his properties in New York City.

At a Wisconsin rally on Wednesday night Trump, who has denounced news media organizations as an “enemy of the people,” called attention to “how nice I’m behaving tonight” but on Thursday morning he attacked the media.

“A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News,” Trump wrote. “It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description. Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!”

TWO BOMBS FOR WATERS
Several of the people who were sent bombs - including former President Barack Obama and Trump’s rival for the presidency, Hillary Clinton - are frequent targets of right-wing critics.

Also sent packages were Eric Holder, who served as attorney general under Obama; former CIA Director John Brennan, who had his security clearance withdrawn after frequently lambasting Trump; prominent Democratic Party donor George Soros; and California Representative Maxine Waters, another outspoken Trump critic. Two packages were sent to Waters, whom Trump has called “an extraordinarily low IQ person.”

Several politicians, including U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, described the package bombs as an act of terrorism.

“Someone is trying to intimidate. Someone is trying to quash voices in this country using violence,” De Blasio said. “I am confident that we will find the perpetrator or perpetrators.”

Some major media outlets in New York, including the New York Times, increased security on Thursday.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo told CNN some of the packages in his state were hand-delivered and that authorities were scrutinizing security camera videos for signs of the bomber.

Trump told the Wisconsin rally his government would conduct “an aggressive investigation.”

“Any acts or threats of political violence are an attack on our democracy itself,” Trump said. “We want all sides to come together in peace and harmony.”

Last week, Trump heaped praise on a Montana congressional candidate who assaulted a reporter during his successful 2017 campaign.

The first package turned up on Monday and was addressed to Soros, the billionaire financier and advocate of liberal, open-border values who is a frequent target of right-wing conspiracy theories.

The FBI said on Wednesday the packages consisted of a manila envelope with a bubble-wrap interior containing “potentially destructive devices.” Each bore a computer-printed address label and six “Forever” postage stamps, the FBI said.
[Image: giphy.gif]

"Death."

Quick Update: The packages were supposedly sent from Opa-Locka, Florida. I live roughly 15-20 minutes away from that area. Hell, I pass by the nearby UPS Postal Service when I go pick up my books. It's a bit scary when you think about it, considering that this crazy dude lives kinda nearby. Jesus, what is wrong with people today?!

Hey @~ Z ~, whoever doing this is simultaneously stupid enough to actually go out and commit horrible, violent crimes, while also politically /motivated enough to do it against the people they hate the most. Combine the two factors and you have someone whose highest level thoughts on his "enemies" are things he recalls from Trump campaign ads, Trump rallies (and not formal White House materials), and Trump's Twitter account. Stupid enough to attack figure heads to demoralize "the enemy" dumb enough to avoid hitting the actual decision makers who he decides who threaten his very existence.
RP Characters.
@Grey Star

Doesn't make it any better that I probably live roughly 20 minutes from the dude, assuming the person is even in Florida to begin with. I believe you're right, despite what some people might say. Let's just hope thing just don't get any worse, right?

Does anyone else think that the dude sent these bombs as an act of intimidation? I mean... if this guy really wanted to kill someone, he would have set these bombs to explode sooner or when the package it handled/opened.