Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Anime 2019 Discussion
http://anichart.net/Winter-2019

Welcome to a brand new year, along with brand new animated seasons coming this month. We have highlight gems such as Mob Psycho 100 II (it has it's own thread), along with potential new content. Reminder that we do this a little bit different from other forums; you can discuss animes that do not have their own threads here (essentially seasonal ones) while popular ones get their own thread.
[Image: VTk3W41.png]

"I have made many enemies in my lifetime, many different kind of enemies; however, you know what all of them have in common?"
"Death."

Content: My Art | No More Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | BoogaVerse
not much interesting anime that sticks out for me this season I guess... besides Mob Psycho, I'll probably check out Pastel Memories just because it looks cute. Maybe Boogiepop too because the name is too goofy to not make me want to see why it's called that. Lmao
[Image: tumblr_okeiservNz1u2d2qeo5_250.gif]
My Stuff: ArtDevil's Dishonor (Vol. 1) | Galactic Ruins RP | Boogaverse Characters
Whoops I'll add some trailers later.. at first glance I didnt see much interesting stuff either .but then O watched some trailers etc and found potential good ones.

I'll be checking out:

The Promised Neverland (seriously manga is amazing do check it out)

Mob Psycho 100 s2

Kakegurui s2

Boogiepop (apparently its a remake of a classic horror series and it looked awesomeee I think its done by Madhouse so yeah good quality)

Dororo (another classic remake that looks rrally interesting)

Shield Hero/ Tate no Yuusha (most popular one right now..seems like a generic isekai anime but I'll give it a go)

Those were the most memorable ones..but I'll probably check out some more later.
[Image: XTjOHU5.png]
~ Set made by Elio ~
(01-02-2019, 04:31 PM)LoopyPanda Wrote: not much interesting anime that sticks out for me this season I guess... besides Mob Psycho, I'll probably check out Pastel Memories just because it looks cute. Maybe Boogiepop too because the name is too goofy to not make me want to see why it's called that. Lmao

You know, the crazy thing is Boogiepop Phantom is actually super flippin' dark, which I'm sure kinda makes that even funnier lmao. My understanding is it's a remake of the 2000 anime of the same name, a friend of mine who sadly passed away last year recommended it to me a few years back....really liked it myself but it was flippin' WEIRD XD.
I am personally excited for Mob Psycho (I think most people are). Most of the other animes showcasing this year do not really stand out to me but I can't really judge them without watching them right? The only one that piques my interest is Boogiepop wa Warawanai. I'm a sucker for the paranormal/ghosts.

Plus, Boogiepop is an adorable name. B|
[Image: t07N5Zq.gif]

"Z says these eye protectors are called... Sunglasses. I like the fad, so I'll spare this website from destruction."
I haven't seen a decent spoopy anime in a while, so if Boogiepop can give me the thrills anf chills, I promise not to bully it for the weird name that sounds like a combination between Cowboy Bebop and Scooby Doo. Bl Lmao
[Image: tumblr_okeiservNz1u2d2qeo5_250.gif]
My Stuff: ArtDevil's Dishonor (Vol. 1) | Galactic Ruins RP | Boogaverse Characters
Heres a trailer: 

I just watched the first two episodes that got released and uh... I'm still a bit confused as to what the heck was going on?? And it seemed a bit rushed..but it seems interesting enough to keep following.
Also I love the opening song!
[Image: XTjOHU5.png]
~ Set made by Elio ~
I saw Shield Hero and I didn't understand the controversy that some people were blowing it up to be. It was pretty much a combination of everyone already looking down on the guy, so practically the girl could've said anything and he'll still have his reputation tainted--that how low people viewed him.

I'm always in the camp that believe that most "sexual assault" stories often leaves a bad taste in the mouth, mainly because most authors have little-no idea how to properly construct it to enhanced the story, other than the occasional points for "supposedly giving a female character a dark past". 

Yet here, I thought it was brilliant done. It's still your typical, over the mill Isekai anime, but the premise differs just enough to be interesting to say nevertheless. False rape allegations is nothing but a small thing to the overall nature of the character--everyone hates him for one reason or the other and now they're justified since they already hated him to begin with.

thonk people always complain about the smallest things when it turns out it wasn't a big deal in the first place.
[Image: VTk3W41.png]

"I have made many enemies in my lifetime, many different kind of enemies; however, you know what all of them have in common?"
"Death."

Content: My Art | No More Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | BoogaVerse