Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fearing Their Dogs Will Develop Autism, Some Owners Are Declining Vaccinations
Quote:The concern over pets developing autism from vaccines appears to be the latest issue within the anti-vaxxer movement.

The ‘anti-vaxxer’ movement has moved beyond vaccinating children and seeped into the realm of pet vaccines, according to the Telegraph, leading the British Veterinary Association to clarify that dogs cannot get autism.

'Anti-vaxxers' believe that immunisations have harmful side effects and may be the cause of autism in children - beliefs widely debunked by the medical community.

This theory is increasingly being applied to pets, particularly in the US, and there are fears it is spreading to the UK and could cause already low vaccination rates to fall.

The BVA statement acknowledged the issue stems from U.S. pet owners and cautioned British animal lovers to ignore the new trend:

“We are aware of an increase in anti-vaccination pet owners in the US who have voiced concerns that vaccinations may lead to their dogs developing autism-like behaviour.

“But there is currently no scientific evidence to suggest autism in dogs or a link between vaccination and autism.”

“All medicines have potential side effects but in the case of vaccines these are rare and the benefits of vaccination in protecting against disease far outweigh the potential for an adverse reaction.”

The issue gained attention when the morning show Good Morning Britain tweeted a request for individuals who subscribe to the theory that their pets could develop autism.

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectu...Hql_sgCIQ/
[Image: yMP37k3.png]

"Is that all you got?"

Artwork: My Art
Original Stories: No Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | Become (Short Story)
Fan-Fiction: Kingdom Hearts | Drakengard 
Social Media: Twitter | Twitch
As if there isn't enough issues with the general public's ignorance of special needs and diseased animals, AKA people are taught to think all pets are just toys that don't get down's syndrome or illnesses thanks to fiction, we now have ficticious animal diseases gaining news attention. Fantastic.
Forum Mod, focused on Art Garden and Roleplay Park
Ends of the Earth RP | Boogaverse RP Characters.
Current controller of the Meeting of the Dark. | Mysterious Summons: Malefor, Rex Marksley.
Creative Fiction: Solarian Stories; Withered; The Death Lords; Death Knight Detective; Warframe Fan Fiction

"To the Ends of the Earth."
It's almost as if people would rather die than be diagnosed with autism...  thonk

It kinda speaks out on how certain people view disabled/handicapped people. To them, they see it as the absolute lowest form of a human, hell, even death sounds better to people who probably think this way.

"Shit, I rather kill myself AND my dog because I become some autistic person..."

It's sick, honestly.

As for the dogs... This will only raise the risk for the rabies virus and other canine/animal-related diseases. Rabies is (debatably) one of the worst viruses to plague the human race. It has a very long incubation period (I think about 4-6 months?) and once you have the rabies virus, you are already dead (no meme intended). I saw a documentary about how the rabies virus affects humans and it is a HORRIBLE way to die. I believe the video is still up on Youtube but I will not post it here because it's pretty messed up. All I'll say is that Rabies is probably a very slow and painful death.

The fact that people are refusing to vaccinate their dogs because, apparently, dogs can become autistic. (I have never heard of any dog ever becoming autistic.) Not only are they putting their dogs at risk, but their entire family or even community. Rabies is NOT a joke. Vaccinate your pets!
[Image: wnC6dlU.png]

There are two versions of Tatsumaki: Shine's version and Z's version.
[+] 2 users Like ~ Z ~'s post
(02-28-2019, 10:11 PM)~ Z ~ Wrote: It kinda speaks out on how certain people view disabled/handicapped people. To them, they see it as the absolute lowest form of a human, hell, even death sounds better to people who probably think this way.

It's sick, honestly.

I disagree with a lot of the ethical crap my Biomed Ethics class says, but it does point out in the first chapter that most people view a disability as equivalent of a fate worse than death for a multitude of factors, including a refusal to believe that they would be okay with living without some part of their functions. Yet the same people who would rather die than become disabled, didn't want to die after becoming disabled. Huh, right?

The truly ironic thing is that disability is a societal construct, much like gender. If you don't believe me, allow me to prove it. Would someone without legs be disabled in a society that did not have stairs, only ramps and elevators? Would someone without arms be disabled in a society where feet were the primary limbs?

(02-28-2019, 10:11 PM)~ Z ~ Wrote: As for the dogs... This will only raise the risk for the rabies virus and other canine/animal-related diseases. Rabies is (debatably) one of the worst viruses to plague the human race. It has a very long incubation period (I think about 4-6 months?) and once you have the rabies virus, you are already dead (no meme intended). I saw a documentary about how the rabies virus affects humans and it is a HORRIBLE way to die. I believe the video is still up on Youtube but I will not post it here because it's pretty messed up. All I'll say is that Rabies is probably a very slow and painful death.

"I'd rather die than get autism!" Good, because rabies will kill ya. Slowly, painfully, irreversibly. The kind of pain that makes one beg for death.
Pretty ironic to think about.
Forum Mod, focused on Art Garden and Roleplay Park
Ends of the Earth RP | Boogaverse RP Characters.
Current controller of the Meeting of the Dark. | Mysterious Summons: Malefor, Rex Marksley.
Creative Fiction: Solarian Stories; Withered; The Death Lords; Death Knight Detective; Warframe Fan Fiction

"To the Ends of the Earth."
Some people truly, truly believe that vaccinations actually causes autism; either because they think the government is behind some secret conspiracy to regulated their minds (lol) or because we don't know too much about autism to actually be sure... despite an disgusting amount of evidences on the contrary. 

Not giving your pets, especially dogs, vaccination is not only going to bring harm to the pet itself, it's going to do significantly damages if they have rabies. I think this is an example of animal cruelty for pet-owners for refusal to vaccinate their animals, and should have them taken away from them to proper pet owners who knows a thing or two.
[Image: yMP37k3.png]

"Is that all you got?"

Artwork: My Art
Original Stories: No Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man | Become (Short Story)
Fan-Fiction: Kingdom Hearts | Drakengard 
Social Media: Twitter | Twitch