Reality Vortex General Discussion
Information 
Reality Vortex General Discussion

Welcome to the new General Hub discussion for Reality Vortex. This will be a dedicated thread for all Reality Vortex discussions, including clarification, general convo and more. Some members don’t use offsite socials, so this is a suitable place for everyone to be on the same page and get the same news.

Is Reality Vortex and BoogaVerse Connected?

Yes, Reality Vortex and BoogaVerse existed in the same world. Yes, there will be a Crossover Event in the future if we get that far, which will take plenty of elements from Crisis of Infinite Earths.

Is there a character registration?

No. Character registration is not required for this roleplay. You can simply jump in with whatever character you have at your disposal. However, we do have a character limit—you can only play 4 characters at the time to prevent a too many cooks situation.

Is there a summary of the Doom Saga?

Summary: Several characters, known as the Breakers, appeared in Reality Vortex, aided by the Voice, whom knows everything about this world, to returned back to their planet. The voice warns that escaping from this place is impossible, but if they were achieved the “tools” for the voice, he might find a way. However, the tools was in possession of Doctor Doom, who sought to re-create all worlds across infinite realities into one under his own image. After a powerful, cruel battle that left half of their friends killed, they returned Voice the tools and gained his original body back; however, in a twist of fate, Voice was only interested of getting his body and nothing else. He’d forced the Breakers to clean up the mess of the new world Doom created as Voice vanished to Vortex Moon.

You can read the original thread here: Doom Saga

What changed, latest content, and updated aspects for veteran players?

Few things!

Reality Vortex is a world filled with multiple possibilities. They are a place for beings being wipe from existence or forced out of their worlds for one reason or the other. Once you enter this world, you cannot escape—period. This is the only rule that cannot be broken under any circumstances. So, they cannot connect with any worlds. Reality Vortex has a powerful shield to protects from the Abyss of Darkness, an ocean of dark energy, from falling on the world. It cannot be destroyed, no matter how powerful your characters may be.

Characters cannot die in Reality Vortex—well, in a general sense. If their bodies is destroyed, they will leave behind a Vortex Coin (which often can vanished to another location) which bare an image of them on the front and a name on the back. They are completely indestructible. They will respawn after a certain amount of time, depending on the person, and good as new. If a character is erased from existence, due to Voice’s power, this is a permanent death. And only the Voice has the power to reverse it.

Dark Energy is a strange mysterious energy that covers the entirely of BoogaVerse and Reality Vortex. It is a powerful force that grants someone the power to wrap reality but at the cost of their own minds being driven to madness. Their emotions is amplified to the extreme, become obsessed to their own ambitions and goals. Due to Doctor Doom’s attempt of creating the new world, essence of dark energy was released on the new world and could cause certain characters to be driven to madness. There are two characters, Kamen and Sentai, are the only ones who have the ability to cure people from Dark Energy.

Due to the influence of Doctor Doom, time was somewhat fixed in position—there is no alternate timelines. However, time does not flow naturally—one day can passed; some days, years go by in an instant.

Certain elements that is law in the characters’ original world(s) is no longer law in Reality Vortex. For example, God of Destruction are linked with Kaioshin, and if one of them dies, the other goes. This is completely nullified in Vortex.

Vortex Moon is similar to the original version of Reality Vortex, where everything is completely nonsensical, where natural laws are repeatedly broken, which is the home of the Voice. It orbits around the new world like a Moon, but it cannot be reached or touched for now. It will be explorable in the future.

Subject to Change
[Image: JVqTWoz.png]

The only thing humans are equal in is death

Artwork: My Art
Original StoriesNo Heroes | Good Days | Carnage Hero
Social MediaTwitter | Twitch
So, we are three pages into the new thread, and it seems that our momentum will not stop (not a bad thing, it’s great!), I figure, I might as well detailed the overall plan for this new arc.

After the incredible success of Reality Vortex, we are heading into new territory with more characters, more places to visits and all new enemies and adversaries to fight against.

As Panich and Gogeta is now making their way into the stance, I would like to advise veteran players to hold on introducing their characters after their showcase is finished. In other words, after Ultraman gets easily defeated and turns into a coin (and yeeted away), Panich and Gogeta will seemingly into some kind of scuffle. After their little arc plays out, we will move forward of including these characters as a start of a new generation of the Breakers coming up alongside the original cast.

Once that’s done, we will officially start the main story arc and introduce new elements into the story, including information regarding the Vortex Coins and our first main arc villain. This will be introduced by a character that comes from another city.

This is where things get a little critical. Before you introduce your character, it must at least have a narrative purpose. Please don’t just introduce a character for the sake of them showing up—it must be relevant to the plot (and affect all characters) for a proper reaction. Otherwise, it’ll be forced, shoed in and looks unnatural.

tl;dr

We will showcase the first three characters, Panich, Gogeta and Slayer. All new characters will have to wait until slightly after the introduction to the main arc villain, and they must have a narrative reasoning to the story and the (all) characters for their inclusion to the Breaker gang. Any questions?

Alright, we are nearly there with the introduction of the arc. We have three characters that established their purposes and seemingly added onto the cast of the Breakers with different motivations. We will introduce one more character into the mix which will kick start everything. 

As I said before: Do not introduce a character for the sole purpose of bringing them in. If they don't have a purpose of the story or the situation that calls for it and ONLY because of one character (i.e. ignored all the other Breakers), do not bring them in. If you need assistance and help, this is the thread to discuss those ideas of introducing those new characters into the mix. My reasoning is to avoid any potential plot points that would happen, and the new character will actually have a spotlight to shine other than "oh, they're here now. Next".

For example. Once the Breakers (after few exchanges with Slayer) entered the apartment complex, this will be start of a new arc, which will kick start the main plotline. You do not introduce any brand new character here. They served no purpose, no benefit nor adds onto the story--and won't diminished anything. 

Once again, if you do need help, post in this thread, unless it contains spoilers, you can PM me. If you DO NOT do any of those things and went ahead and do it anyways (and disregarding this message), your post will be removed and ask to do it again without that new character.

What about characters that might leave the Breakers for a certain amount of time? I have a certain idea I want to pull off but I am not sure how or when to do it. I'm waiting to see how the other players react and post (as well as wait for whatever plot you have in store) but I am not entirely sure how to approach this considering I am in a bit of a pickle. xDD Without spoiling much, I might have one character leave and I'm debating whether I should have my second character follow or stay with the Breakers. (Either way is good but this certain character did not get the amount of development I would hope for)

From there, the character that left is replaced with another new character with different views/ideas (and a purpose for meeting the Breakers)
[Image: MbVtHfX.jpg]
"They Call Me the 'Vibe Checker', Sweetie..."
I want to add a new character but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it based on the parameters required... doesn't hurt to ask it here ig

I love playing Bern and all but I want to have a 2nd one who's just more fun and extraverted, without the extra work of trying to tack on a *deep and fulfilling* storyline. It isn't a particularly moving motivation other than "i heard you guys are anarchists, I want in on that too because rules and order are boring and lame. And I like beating up people who call themselves heroes"

If that isn't allowed though, I understand. It's just I want to play a character that isn't Big Brain levels of meta like Bern. It sucks my energy out sometimes lol
(Yesterday, 04:34 PM)~ Z ~ Wrote: What about characters that might leave the Breakers for a certain amount of time? I have a certain idea I want to pull off but I am not sure how or when to do it. I'm waiting to see how the other players react and post (as well as wait for whatever plot you have in store) but I am not entirely sure how to approach this considering I am in a bit of a pickle. xDD Without spoiling much, I might have one character leave and I'm debating whether I should have my second character follow or stay with the Breakers. (Either way is good but this certain character did not get the amount of development I would hope for)

From there, the character that left is replaced with another new character with different views/ideas (and a purpose for meeting the Breakers)

Different context. A character exiting from the group for other means (which led to them being unavailable for a while) is perfectly fine. If you have another character that comes in to replace the exited character, that is fine as well. Just needs a reason why they are there. It doesn’t have to be deep—just some form of justification aside from “they’re here now.”

If it contain spoilers, you might want to PM me so we can discuss the details a bit further.

(Yesterday, 08:46 PM)LoopyPanda Wrote: I want to add a new character but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it based on the parameters required... doesn't hurt to ask it here ig

I love playing Bern and all but I want to have a 2nd one who's just more fun and extraverted, without the extra work of trying to tack on a *deep and fulfilling* storyline. It isn't a particularly moving motivation other than "i heard you guys are anarchists, I want in on that too because rules and order are boring and lame. And I like beating up people who call themselves heroes"

If that isn't allowed though, I understand. It's just I want to play a character that isn't Big Brain levels of meta like Bern. It sucks my energy out sometimes lol

Perfectly fine. It doesn't need to have a fulfilling storyline, just the way if they were introduced, it won’t come off as awkward.

For example, if the Breakers are in a scene drinking tea and discussing about fine dining—introducing a character would serve no purpose here. It would feel forced, comes out of nowhere and diminished the scene they were in.

However, if the Breakers, say, are currently exploring Reality City—this is the chance to introduce those characters because that is a reasonable thing to do. They’re surrounded with plentiful of colorful characters—one of them joining would make sense.

Essentially, what I’m saying, don’t bring in characters in a scene that’s already engage in something. For example, in the next scene, they will have discussions regarding the Vortex Coins. I think introducing Bob the Builder in that scene will come off as weird and inappropriate, and finally, takes away the importance of that scene.

So you can bring a character like that no problem, just find the good time to actually have them show up.

Aight, that works... it'll probably be a hot minute til we can add a newbie anyway since we're literally gonna meet a new person in the next post Lmao

(Bob the Builder has talking sentient vehicles, I wouldn't mess with him anyway... especially the road roller one)