Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Anime Discussion 2020
Whereas Winter 2020 wasn’t bad at all, it didnt have many big hitters either (WATCH ID INVADED tho)

BUT SPRING IS PACKED WITH SO MANY GOOD SHOWS HECK YEAH! Well, I’m talking about sequels mostly but anywaysss!
A few shows got delayed because of the corona virus, like Re:Zero S2 for example, but theres still more than enough shows to keep spring busy!

I’ll just post a few I’m personally excited for:

Continuation from previous season:

- Ahiru no Sora: great basketball anime, but more focused on the characters than the sport!

Sequels:

- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteru S3: I HAVE WAITED FOR SO LONG FOR THIS, i heard the lightnovel has officially ended as well, so I wonder if this is the final season we’ll ever get from this series.  Sob

- Kaguya Sama wa Kokurasetai S2: it was an entertaining first season so I’m excited for this one too! Its basically a love comedy where the protagonists try to make the other confess their love to them.

- Sword Art Online Alicization War of the Underworld P2 - Still odd they split the WotU in two parts, but still excited to see what the hecks gonna happen. SAO has been on fire with the whole Alicization arc imo!

- Fruits Basket S2: need I say anything?? Finally the manga is being done justice and we can see new adapted stuff animated for the first time! I love Furuba so much  Sob

TBH with these sequels alone I’m already more than satisfied with this season, imagine if Re:Zero wasnt delayed either  Katsweat
———

Now for actual new shows that I’ll deffo watch:

- Tower of God: TOGTOGTOGOTGOTLGLGLTL I LOVE THE KOREAN WEBTOON AND I CANT BELIEVE ITS GETTING AN ANIME ADAPTATION, if i was able to tell my younger self if would get one I wouldnt have believed it AT ALL, so yeah definetly excited for this one! I hope they do it justice!!! Deffo check this one out!

- BNA: done by Trigger so i’ll deffo check it out eventho it looks like something for furries haha.. not really a fan of that genre.  But trigger might surprise me!

- Yesterday wo Utatte : An amazing artist I follow was inspired by this anime to draw, and I vaguely recall reading this manga, but i forgot anlot about it! So excited to give this SoL anime a chance!

- Appare Ranman!: a P.A. Works original, often a hit or miss but this one looks goooood so deffo checking it out! I personally love PA works works haha.

- Fugou Keiji: seems like a detective anime with great art style so deffo checking it out.

- Digimon Adventure: reboot yay! Ill try to keep up with thus one, unlike how i often drop the pokemon animes Digimon is special to me so ill try my best even though its probably directed at kids lmao.

—-
Now for shows I might give a chance but not sure to stick with:
- Gleipnir: tbh I think ill drop this, but ill atleast give the first ep a try

- Kakushigoto: if its focused on wholesomeness I might keep it up, otherwise immediate drop

- Otomegame no blabla:  basically a girl gets isekaid into a otome game but shes the villainess, so shes got to avoid bad flags orsth

- LISTENERS: something about music in a world where there is none.. might have some potential?

- Arte: about struggles a female mc faces when she goes after her dream career in the 16th century.. why not i guess xD

- Tamayomi: female sports anime! About baseball, so if its not sexualised ill give it a try otherwise instant drop lol

- Nami yo Kiitekure: ive got no idea what to expect of this, but its about the world of radio i guess?

SO YEAH, LOTS OF STUFF THIS SEASON

Are you guys planning on watching anything?   Katanger
[Image: A525k87.png]
This spring anime 2020 is packed with content. If Re:Zero didn’t get delayed, it’ll be a pretty meaty season. I’m definitely hype for season 3 of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteru S3! If the light novel had ended, then this seems to be the last season! Let’s see if they can adapt all the content into the final season.

I’ve seen screens of BNA… and it looks interesting! Might check it out.

I’m checking out the Digimon Adventure reboot as well. Love that they kept the original style and simply updated the animation. Looks surprisingly good from what I’ve seen! Wonder they will keep the same opening song? It’s pretty iconic to replaced.

Tower of God… keep hearing about the manga, saw Webcomic Relief did an extensive review on it… and seen you talk praises on it. Might as well check this one out!

I noticed that you like mysteries or at least detective animes Joy
[Image: JVqTWoz.png]

The only thing humans are equal in is death

Original StoriesNo Heroes | Good Days | Carnage Hero
Art Archive: Art Box | Twitter | Instagram
Aaah I hope I dont get spoiled on who Hachiman ends up with, if he even ends up with someone hahah. I don't  wanna say goodbye to this show. Sob

Loool I'm actually not that keen on Detective related shows/books etc, but if the art and cast looks good I'm in! I love thriller and mystery and I guess the premise often requires a detective. Maybe I'm just against the Hardboiled Old man Detective genre. XD

I already immediately dropped the Baseball series cuz the art sucked and I honestly dont feel like actually watching THIS MANY SHOWS, so I raised my bar a little. XD

I did watch the first ep of ToG, Appare Ranman and Kakushigoto.. those were good enough to stick with!
[+] 1 user Likes Ploep's post
Yeah! I honestly hoping he doesn't burn anymore bridges with his friendship. It been such a long time since I watched the show that I might need a refresher Maybe

Saw the first episode of Tower of God. Interesting premise, but nothing much to work home at. Need more episodes before I cna judge fairly Thinking

Since Corona caused most of my top "looking forward to" animes delayed (re:zero, oregairu, sao) , I luckily have a less long list of shows I keep up with.
XD

From my original to watch list I only dropped Gleipnir and Tamayomi. Both not my thing. Also didn't watch BNA yet.

So I'm keeping track of about 13 shows this season.  Joy

@ShineCero : ep 2 showed improvement in ToG! Ive heard ep 3 was great too, so dont drop it yet hehe.
(04-15-2020, 03:43 PM)Ploep Wrote: Since Corona caused most of my top "looking forward to" animes delayed (re:zero, oregairu, sao) , I luckily have a less long list of shows I keep up with.
XD

From my original to watch list I only dropped Gleipnir and Tamayomi. Both not my thing. Also didn't watch BNA yet.

So I'm keeping track of about 13 shows this season.  Joy

@ShineCero : ep 2 showed improvement in ToG! Ive heard ep 3 was great too, so dont drop it yet hehe.

Saw all 5 episodes of Tower of God, and I have to say, I’m digging the premise. The characters, the art style, and I think the animation is pretty solid too. Either episodes are really short, or I’m so into it, that it just goes super-fast when I want more Joy

I had a feeling that was Rachel when she appeared at the end of 3, and glad it was confirmed around 4 and 5. I wonder why she is ignoring Bam like this? I could’ve sworn she climbed all the way to the top, and Bam’s goal was to get there. Now that she’s here… Bam’s goal is completed. Unless….

I also think it was kind of unfair that the lizard girl got the Black March? I know the bet was that Bam and his team needed to win—but technically, the crown game ended because it was essentially cancelled. So Bam should not lose it. Unless the Lizard girl was going to take it regardless and never going to honor that bet in the first place. Lmao

I haven’t seen BNA yet, but I was keeping up with Digimon Adventures… until it got put on hiatus. 

So sad that COVID cause another anime to be delayed to the next season, but at least the Summer one is going to be stacked!

A lot more shows got delayed in the meanwhile xD

But the anime that turned into an underdog for me was really the " Otome game no hametsu flag" one. At first i was sceptical, but its really won me over with its cast! I find myself automatically smiling when watching it. XD

I still need to watch the 5th ep, and my memory got foggy of the manwha so I need to watch it first before saying anything. XD but yeah I LOVE TOG AND IM GONNA REREAD IT ONCE THE ANIME IS DONE. But yeah I think Anak wouldve probably used force to take the weapon otherwise, the Month series swords are a very special thing after all.

I still havent checked out BNA either.

I'm just really enjoying the Otome game and Nami yo Kiitekure mcs because theyre both disaster icons. XD 

also watch Kakushigoto if you want heartwarming mixed with heartwrenching :((( apparently the guy who made it is the creator of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.. havent seen that one but its pretty well received and relatively popular..

Yesterday wo Utatte is still really good too! I like how theres more anime that isnt focused on teenagers but more on adults this season!
[+] 1 user Likes Ploep's post
(05-02-2020, 03:17 AM)Ploep Wrote: A lot more shows got delayed in the meanwhile xD

But the anime that turned into an underdog for me was really the " Otome game no hametsu flag" one. At first i was sceptical, but its really won me over with its cast! I find myself automatically smiling when watching it. XD

I still need to watch the 5th ep, and my memory got foggy of the manwha so I need to watch it first before saying anything. XD but yeah I LOVE TOG AND IM GONNA REREAD IT ONCE THE ANIME IS DONE. But yeah I think Anak wouldve probably used force to take the weapon otherwise, the Month series swords are a very special thing after all.

I still havent checked out BNA either.

I'm just really enjoying the Otome game and Nami yo Kiitekure mcs because theyre both disaster icons. XD 

also watch Kakushigoto if you want heartwarming mixed with heartwrenching :((( apparently the guy who made it is the creator of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.. havent seen that one but its pretty well received and relatively popular..

Yesterday wo Utatte is still really good too! I like how theres more anime that isnt focused on teenagers but more on adults this season!

Ooh, I haven't seen that one. I might check that out once I'm finished with my classes in a couple of weeks. Especially the other animes I need to take a peek at.

Yeah, I figured she was going to take it regardless if Bam won the Crown Game or not, considering her attitude (she was ready to flat out kill him right then and there if the administrator didn't step in). Lmao

Speaking of that, I do wonder what was Rachel's goal? I hope it isn't alluding to "have Bam believe otherwise" or something. But perhaps, that will give Bam more of a goal? And did I say that the theme song is gold? Because the Tower of God's theme is bumming haha.

Good... not that I don't want to watch a series with teens, but having more cartoons with adult characters... finally BI XD