ShineVerse Journal
Lightbulb 
[Image: JOLXsr3.png]

Welcome to ShineVerse Journal

I’ve decided to relaunch my progress journal with a new direction. In addition to be a way to motivate myself to continue drawing and writing, it is also a way to put all my works-related content (via links) in one place for organizational purposes. With that said and done, I’ll be posting various written works, snippets of characters and vice versa, and my progression on a completed written work or comic. I’d hope I will get to reach my goal before the end of this year.

Art Links Written Links I have written a lot of content over the years, with plentiful of ideas. However, after much thinking, I decided to cut down on these ideas and placed large emphasized on three “core” stories. Core Stories, under my usage of the word, refers to stories that are continuous in nature. They are not short stories. They have a way range of diverse characters, world-building, lore, themes, and purpose.
  • Carnage Hero: The story revolved around a powerful warrior seeking the Princess held in captivity by the Demon Lords. Due to his destructive nature and brutal killings in his wake, people have referred the man as “Carnage Hero”.
  • Good Days: The story revolved around Mex, a warrior who escaped the destruction of her planet, who joins a Galactic Organization called Good Days. They protect their sector of the universe from various enemies that threatens peace; however, Mex is delighted to test her skills against them.
  • No Heroes: The story revolved around people with special abilities from various points of history, and how it impacted the environment around them.
All stories outside these Core Stories will either be one-shots, short stories, repurposes within the core stories themselves in some fashion, or possibility added to roleplays such as BoogaVerse and Reality Vortex. I hope to push myself to add many contents of my works, and give you an bit of insight of what I have plans for my stories and more. Thanks for reading!
[Image: JVqTWoz.png]

The only thing humans are equal in is death

Original StoriesNo Heroes | Good Days | Carnage Hero
Art Archive: Art Box | Twitter | Instagram
[Image: V2CzNbs.png]

Carnage Hero, the main character and protagonist of the story, is a defense adventurer from a small town called Riverside. At age of 20, he left Riverside to become an adventurer to fight off the Demons that dominated the world since the Great Disaster. However, he returned home after his party refused to work with him anymore, citing that his desire for battle is higher than they can handle. Eventually, he left Riverside once more after hearing that the Princess of the land had been taken by the Demon Lords and sought to save her, but his intentions rings hollow: in truth, it was an excuse to laid carnage in his path. Because of his brutal fighting, people around him had dubbed the man, Carnage Hero.

Amai is a support adventurer that comes from small town called Ekta. She trained herself in the arts of magic in order to join the Chosen One’s party; however, due to oversleeping, she missed his debut. She first appears in Chapter 3, introducing Carnage Hero about the advantages of joining a party. Initially, Amai is confident and headstrong, but after joining Carnage Hero, his personality traits became an influence on her—making her thrill to have an exciting battle against the Demons.

Smokeface was a leader of an Ogre Tribes. She seeks revenge against Carnage Hero for wiping out her entire tribe—though the tribe did instigate the fight. Despite her efforts, she eventually join his party against fighting off the Demons and saving the Princess. She still takes any chances to strike him dead if he lets his guard down. She an expert gunman, capable of using a wide range of weaponry. Due to the fact that she is a demon, she technically not an adventure, but if she was, she would be an offensive adventurer rank.

The story, Carnage Hero, went through a lot of different ideas before its final literation, especially the titular character of the story. Initially, the first incarnation of Carnage Hero as a whole was Box Samurai. It is a small series comic (5 pages in total) that focuses on a wandering man that has a box on covering his head.

Box Samurai has a box shaped like a slice of cheese

The idea was to create a character, although their goal is reasonable, their actions is pretty destructive in nature. Not evil, but not good either. If the character was placed on an alignment board, Neutral evil is the best option. However, despite of their brutal nature, in the large scheme of things, you still able to root for him (somewhat) until his path swiftly changes for the worst due to his ambitions—even if the enemies he kills are Demons that have dominated the world for centuries.

To illustrated what I mean: Box Samurai grew up in a village underground away from the surface. His people have lived in peace for decades until the Demons managed to locate them and went to exterminated them all. As Box Samurai witnessed his people, including his mother and father, being brutally murdered right before his eyes, the leader the of assault was a Demon-Centipede that consumed the faces of people to use as his own. At his dying breath, the Demon-Centipede ate Box Samurai’s face, leaving the child with no face, with the exception of his right eye. Driven by hatred and rage, Box Samurai set out to slaughter every single demon as revenge, no matter who gets in his way.

Eventually, I revamped the idea into something else—keeping the idea of an “anti-hero” who isn’t good, but not necessarily evil—a character with do things without remorse for their actions as long it gets them what they want. However, I thought that things need a bit of a contrast in Box Samurai’s personality—in the comic, he couldn’t talk (due to his predicament). Furthermore, I put more thought into the monsters and demons that appear in this world, leading to the idea of messing with Kaiju (or Strange Beast).

Kaiju Man's prototype design

Kaiju Man was the next “vision” of the character. A man caught in an explosion that had completely warped his biology, turning him into a humanoid monster, along with the creation of other giant creatures. Admittedly, the idea never gained much ground aside from the idea that humans turned into giant monsters due to “emotions”  that stimulus the cells that cause the transformation; Kaiju Man had a partner that assist with him in fighting these creatures, and he became more “brutal” as times goes on, and the introduction of “outer-worlds” such as aliens and space.

Eventually, the final literation of the character became Carnage Hero. I think this was the natural state for this character. I took various concepts from Box Samurai and ideas that linger with Kaiju-Man. A world of demons that appear suddenly due to an event, and humans on survival and having reduced population. A world of giant monsters, and humans gaining the ability to wield “magic”. For example, I took elements from another short comic, Polar Space, regarding the Demon Lords.

The Demon Lords briefly appeared in the beginning of chapter 2 of Carnage Hero! They have been expanded to 13 members

Carnage Hero, based on the name itself, represent his habit of committing carnage in his wake—but it usually targets demons. I added several elements that creates a sense of balance of his brutality; for example, he doesn’t fight those that are defenseless, and, based on his description earlier, he has no problems accepting Demons into his party.

It’s strange when you build a character, it often goes through several different versions until you get a character that you are quite comfortable with. I think this is a sign that you are willingly to look at your creations with a critical eye—and see if the changes is needed to secure the vision you need. In this case, I wanted to create a neutral evil character, but with traits that balance out their actions, for the purpose of enhancing the character, the story and his surroundings.