Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a line of Comedy?
Some of you know, I love black comedy - the darkest it is, the funnier it gets, doesn't matter how far it crosses the line. However, is there a line of comedy that it shouldn't cross? For example:

You think there should be a limit of how far comedy can take? Why or why not?
[Image: JVqTWoz.png]

Death Hurts

Artwork: My Art
Original StoriesNo Heroes | Good Days | Kaiju Man
Social MediaTwitter | Twitch
I think there is no line of comedy because people have different views on comedy (looking at you, Shine). However, I feel as if there is a limit as to how you obtain said comedy. If it's like the videos above, I do believe it's a bit too far just to make someone laugh. We might laugh because it doesn't happen to us but the people are literally being scared to death. These types of pranks can seriously injure someone if they take it drastically. 

People can attack the pranksters or suffer some sort of heart attack (especially elders). All I'm saying is that these people might want to tone it down a bit to avoid making a harmless prank some sort of lawsuit or something. In today's world, we just don't know how people will take and react to certain things.
[Image: wnC6dlU.png]

There are two versions of Tatsumaki: Shine's version and Z's version.
No line exists but people have their own lines of comedy; what crosses the line for someone wouldn't be doing so for someone else. 

All really is a matter of someone's humor, which you can learn and gauge their reaction if you choose to say something that is a "controversial" joke.

You can technically make a joke about anything, but that comes with a set of consequences to go with it. So I tend to keep the dark humor (which dark humor I have isn't really all that for shock humor) to people I know wouldn't be offended by it.
[Image: BVJCPuD.png]
My Stuff: ArtDevil's Dishonor (Vol. 1) | Boogaverse Characters
(05-04-2016, 08:21 PM)LoopyPanda Wrote: No line exists but people have their own lines of comedy; what crosses the line for someone wouldn't be doing so for someone else. 

All really is a matter of someone's humor, which you can learn and gauge their reaction if you choose to say something that is a "controversial" joke.

You can technically make a joke about anything, but that comes with a set of consequences to go with it. So I tend to keep the dark humor (which dark humor I have isn't really all that for shock humor) to people I know wouldn't be offended by it.

So basically, anyone that isn't embedded into tumblr culture? maybe

Yeah, I don't see any line when it comes to comedy -- they're meant to be taken as non-serious. It's one of the reason why some religion fanatics often get angry over jokes or people with political atmosphere stomp their feet to the ground because it goes against what they believe in.

Death Hurts

Hm, generally I'd say no there really isn't MUCH OF an objective line, but I do feel like at least a little consideration is needed. I mean, yeah those pranks are hilarious, I think the parts where the chase passersbying people with bats IS crossing the line just a bit and as Z said it might not be a great idea to do something like that outside of a hospital or something where people might have heart conditions or whatever but, other than that as long as nobody who isn't in on the prank get's seriously hurt or killed I think it's all fun and dandy so long as you realize that you'll face whatever consequences come on you as a result. I mean if you're okay with getting sued or maybe getting shot by a dude in a parking lot who happens to have a gun and think you're a terrorist (like that ever actually happens tho lol) go for it, you're either a very brave person or a really dumb one...AND I SALUTE YOU XD.
(07-03-2016, 11:48 AM)JamesYTP Wrote: Hm, generally I'd say no there really isn't MUCH OF an objective line, but I do feel like at least a little consideration is needed. I mean, yeah those pranks are hilarious, I think the parts where the chase passersbying people with bats IS crossing the line just a bit and as Z said it might not be a great idea to do something like that outside of a hospital or something where people might have heart conditions or whatever but, other than that as long as nobody who isn't in on the prank get's seriously hurt or killed I think it's all fun and dandy so long as you realize that you'll face whatever consequences come on you as a result. I mean if you're okay with getting sued or maybe getting shot by a dude in a parking lot who happens to have a gun and think you're a terrorist (like that ever actually happens tho lol) go for it, you're either a very brave person or a really dumb one...AND I SALUTE YOU XD.

Haha, yeah. Even I think them chasing the guy and starting throwing their bats at the end was a bit too much since it scared him so bad, he puked. Though, South Park tends to do this, immiedatley after a tradey struck xD

Death Hurts

Oh, well I suppose if you're just joking ABOUT something, once can just joke about anything. May not always be tasteful but if you wanna joke about ISIS after terror attacks that's fine, freedom of speech is important.